Maritime Development Expert
Kim Enevoldsen, Enterprise Sales Executive - Siemens Building Technologies
Maritime Development Expert for offshore logistics projects in Siemens Wind Power Service
For our Maritime & Aviation Solutions department at our global Service Wind Power headquarter in Brande we are looking for a Maritime Development Expert. In this role you will be supporting the offshore sales team in analyzing the offshore projects in order to determine the most optimal logistical set-up during the service work at the offshore wind parks. This by developing new logistical concepts and solutions to support the ever more complex areas of the offshore wind business to be planned and implemented in line with the strategy within the company. In addition, you will be the primary responsible for updating and further developing the supporting IT tools used in the internal teams.
What are my responsibilities?
- Responsible for the Maritime support during all aspects of the sales phase including bid creation and development of the logistical set-up for each project, modelling of logistical scenarios, contract drafting and participating in customer negotiations. As such, you will act as the link between the maritime experts and the sales department
- Responsible for the continuous development and maintenance of IT tools used for simulation of offshore logistics and environmental conditions in close coop with IT
- Investigation and analysis of the offshore asset market for new/upcoming maritime solutions. I.e. investigate market potential and suppliers for offshore wind operations
- Develop and maintain logistical concepts, including documentation, cost overviews and legal aspects etc.
- Support offshore projects as needed
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Preferably you have a commercial background with experience from the maritime industry and have before been dealing with complex logistical solutions
- Besides your commercial understanding, you possess a natural flair and interest in the technical aspects of the assigned assets
- You are interested in and have a flair for various IT tools and have an interested in having the primary responsibility for developing various tools
- You possess strong Excel skills at expert level. Visual Basic and/or other programming skills are not required but considered an advantage
- As a person you are self driven, structured and able to have many things going on, while still keeping a good overview and sticking to tight deadlines
- You possess a high self-confidence and are comfortable with making presentations to a large crowd
- You are an excellent communicator demonstrating fluency in English - orally as well as in writing
- You function equally well in teamwork vis-a-vis performing your tasks independently. Moreover, you thrive in a dynamic environment with every day challenges and an industry that is growing
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens Wind Power is a leading supplier of wind power solutions for onshore, offshore and coastal sites. Denmark is a core part of Siemens’ global wind power activities, housing global wind power R&D and engineering activities along with several supply chain management, sales and project management functions. Currently, approximately 6,000 employees out of a global staff of more than 11,500 work with wind power solutions in Denmark. Read more at www.siemens.com/windpower.
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
Apply online in English for the job via the "Ansøg" link. Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
For further information about the position, please contact the hiring manager via phone: +45 2469 0585
For further information about the recruitment process, please contact the recruiting team via phone: +45 4477 5763.
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible
If you want to know more about what it is like to work and live in Denmark, please read more at www.siemens.dk/moving-to-denmark.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder