Team Lead - D8 nacelle and hub design R&D
Tove Bjerringgaard, Head of Industrial Engineering - Siemens Flow Instruments A/S
For our D8 platform we are looking for a technical team lead for the nacelle and hub design team. Continuous improvement of our turbines - without compromising on safety and quality - is one of the cornerstones of our culture and time to market is one of our main priorities. The design team is based in Brande and is staffed with highly skilled engineers focusing health and safety, quality, codes and standards and best practice within wind turbine design. Furthermore we have established a similar team in India for securing sufficient capacity.
At Siemens Wind Power you will become part of a dynamic R&D environment where we work with the latest and most advanced technologies within wind power contributing to future green energy solutions.
What are my responsibilities?
- Team lead for 14 international engineers who work with concept work of new development projects, 3D modelling and documentation (2D drawings and specifications)
- Coaching, sparring, recruiting, one-to-one dialogues, PMP, continues feedback etc.
- Competence mapping and development plans for each individual team member and the team
- Close cooperation with project managers securing the right competences and resources in the projects
- Develop new future key employees
- Front runner in focusing on health and safety (EHS), quality, codes and standards and best practice
- Front runner in outsourcing of tasks to India
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have an educational background as a mechanical engineer (B.Sc. or M.Sc.) or similar and have experience in product development
- You have a proven track record in successful people management from a product development company
- You have a deep technical understanding and preferably also experience with wind turbines
- You are familiar with working in large matrix organizations and able to handle many tasks and interfaces simultaneously
- You thrive in a dynamic and international environment and you have good cooperation and communication skills
- You possess excellent English skills written as well as spoken
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens Wind Power is a leading supplier of wind power solutions for onshore, offshore and coastal sites. Denmark is a core part of Siemens’ global wind power activities, housing global wind power R&D and engineering activities along with several supply chain management, sales and project management functions. Currently, approximately 6,000 employees out of a global staff of more than 11,500 work with wind power solutions in Denmark. Read more at www.siemens.com/windpower.
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
Apply online in English for the "Ansøg" link. Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
For further information about the recruitment process, please contact the recruiting team via phone: +45 4477 5772.
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible
If you want to know more about what it is like to work and live in Denmark, please read more at www.siemens.dk/moving-to-denmark.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder