CTO for our new spin-out company
CTO for our new spin-out company “Multi-Tower”
At Blue Ocean Robotics we create and commercialise robots. We apply robot technology to create solutions and innovation for end-users and new businesses in partnerships. We have created together with leading hospitals a patient lifting robot concept, which needs to be realised during the next years. The capital for this realisation has been secured and a company has been created to build and commercialise this robotic solution into a large and growing market.
As the new CTO of the Multi- Tower company your prime mission is to manage the technical team both internally and externally and turn customer-specific requirements into the next big robotic product. Blue Ocean Robotics will be the first sales partner on Multi -Tower, and will begin campaigns for sale in early 2017. The CTO will act as technical sales backup for the important meetings. It is intended to hire a CEO with commercial profile in early 2018, who will take care of all the activities hereafter. There will be a huge focus on the first sale, and it is a great advantage if the CTO can contribute.
You will refer to the board of Multi - Tower and will be the leading figure in Multi-Tower until a commercial CEO is hired in. You will be employed by Multi - Tower directly.
Your tasks include:
- Being the Multi- Tower product owner that clearly and bold keeps the organisation aligned with the final product specification
- Being head of the R&D department with highly skilled engineers within hardware, mechanics, control, software and certifications. The department will initially be 2 internal engineers and 1.5 external engineers from Blue Ocean Robotics combined.
- Resource and capability planning for ongoing and future technical development activities.
- Securing high growth of new employees.
- Initial Customer meetings with the sales team to promote new product
- Product quality assurance.
- Investigate national and international funding options to leverage the product and organisation
- You probably hold an engineering degree within robotics or similar
- You have considerable management experience of product development of electronics, including HW, SW and mechanics, preferably from an international environment. A documented education within management of technology is a plus, but not a requirement.
- You are process-oriented and have strong experience in product development and handover to production and you have experience with management in a company in high growth.
As a person, you must be:
- Able to manage and develop a very complex and challenging robot product
- Able to burn for the Start-up environment, burn to develop tomorrow’s robots, and be completely clarified that it will require much of you both on a professionally as on a personal level.
- Structured and persistence, and think of these as natural skills to you.
- Able to be very results oriented in a start-up culture, where it’s about having everyone in the team working in the same direction with you as the technical captain.
- Able to enjoy, inspire and develop your team and create an energy, which makes the Multi-Tower robot one of the leading robots in the world.
- Comfortable with chaos, not knowing all details and enjoy early start ups, where there is only one direction, which is forward.
There are opportunities for remuneration form of ownership of the Multi-Tower company, which will vest after results or milestones.
We will evaluate candidates when they apply, so if you want to join one of the most promising start-ups within robotics better apply today, than tomorrow. Therefore please submit your application and CV as soon as possible. We treat the applications as we receive them.
You can also contact Partner & Co-CEO John Erland Østergaard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +45 2510 5431 or HR Manager Rikke Risager, email@example.com, +45 71995601
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder