Protection Team Lead for offshore wind farms
Would you like to take up the leadership challenges in relation to leading 9 protection engineers for grid connection of offshore wind farms?
Join us and become Team Lead for the protection team in the Transformer and HV Components department which is responsible for planning, designing and purchasing HV components, including protection systems for onshore and offshore substations for wind farms. You will join our Transformer and HV components management team and have a unique opportunity to develop your personal leadership style in an technical environment.
The department is part of Wind Power which has 1800 employees and is one of four business units in DONG Energy. Wind Power is the world’s largest developer and operator of offshore wind power, and we use our unique knowledge in all phases of our wind turbine projects. During the last 20 years, we have developed and constructed the largest portfolio of offshore wind farms in Northern Europe.
You may choose freely to be based either at one of our Danish offices in Gentofte in the Greater Copenhagen area or in Skærbæk near Fredericia or alternatively at our London office in the United Kingdom on local terms and conditions. However, you should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Your key tasks will be to
- be responsible for driving the protection team working with integrated relay protection as well as with process data analyses, power system disturbances and fault analysis of electrical installations onshore and offshore with voltage levels from 0.4 kV to 400 kV
- be responsible for coaching and motivating the team consisting of 9 protection engineers
- be responsible for delegation and resource allocation to various projects
- be responsible for establishing joint protection design guidelines and participate in knowledge sharing and technical reviews
- be responsible for driving standard interface agreements with various stakeholders.
In addition, you will participate in strategic and technical clarifications and interfaces across the business.
Your qualifications and core competences include that you
- have a relevant degree in electrical engineering as well as extensive experience within high-voltage engineering.
- are interested in and have the ability to lead and manage people
- have relevant experience and knowledge of relevant protection design, relay testing and best industry practices related to protection systems in offshore wind farms
- are a good communicator with a high degree of emotional intelligence in order to create results through cooperation with stakeholders at many different levels and through motivating people
- speak and write English fluently.
It is an advantage if you have experience with offshore wind farms and electronic document handling systems. You enjoy sharing your knowledge with your colleagues in the project group and the department. In addition, you have a personal drive combined with both an analytical and responsible approach to your work.
A unique and challenging job where you have every opportunity to develop your leadership skills, while you work on some of the world's largest offshore wind projects.
In DONG Energy Wind Power, we have a high level of expertise and many complex and challenging work tasks. We work goal-oriented and efficiently with some of the world's largest offshore wind projects, and we are committed to reducing the cost of electricity.
For Denmark, please do not hesitate to contact Willi Christiansen, Manager of Transformer & HV Components, on telephone +45 9955 6365 if you want to know more about the position.
For the United Kingdom, please do not hesitate to contact the Recruitment Specialist by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application, CV and diplomas as electronic files as soon as possible and no later than 27 January 2017, as we will be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Click on the button "Ansøg" to submit your application
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder