Senior High Voltage Export Cable Engineer
Senior High Voltage Export Cable Engineer for offshore wind farms
Would you like to take up the technical challenges in relation to high-voltage cabling for grid connection of our wind farms?
Join us and become a High Voltage Export Cable Engineer in our HV Cables department which is responsible for all High-Voltage and Extra-High-Voltage cables transmitting energy from the offshore substation to delivery to the grid. You will be involved in all engineering phases related to the onshore and offshore export cable systems for our offshore wind farms. This includes cables at voltage levels of 132-400kV. The department currently consists of 31 employees located in Denmark, London and Hamburg, as well as several consultants located on site. HV Cables has its own principal specialist and is organised in two departments: Array Cables and Export Cables. You will be part of Export Cables and have a unique opportunity to learn directly from a team of highly experienced and motivated export cable engineers.
HV Cables is part of Wind Power which counts 1800 employees and is one of four business units in DONG Energy. Wind Power is the world’s largest developer and operator of offshore wind power, and we use our unique knowledge in all phases of our wind turbine projects. During the last 20 years, we have developed and constructed the largest portfolio of offshore wind farms in Northern Europe.
You may choose freely to be based either at our office in Skærbæk near Fredericia or in Gentofte in the Greater Copenhagen area. However, you should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Your key tasks will be to
- perform general project management tasks such as time scheduling, budgeting and quality documentation
- recommend technical solutions to satisfy project requirements
- prepare technical requirements for the cables supported by the applicable calculations and analysis and participate in procurement of cables and accessories
- identify, understand and manage interfaces
- perform cable manufacturing monitoring
- manage supply, termination and test of export cables
- align and witness type test, routine test, FAT and SAT of high voltage cables
- identify, register and share lessons learnt.
Furthermore, you will be responsible for supplying, terminating and testing export and associated cables as well as alignment and witnessing of type, routine, FAT and SAT test.
You will participate in the development and implementation of standard technical solutions and concepts with respect to export cables across our portfolio as well as being involved in specific projects building large offshore wind farms.
Your qualifications and core competences include that you
- hold a master’s degree in electrical engineering or similar
- have extensive experience within high-voltage cable engineering
- have a good insight into the design of high voltage cables and accessories
- have experience and knowledge of relevant legislative requirements, codes, standards and industry practice related to onshore and offshore high-voltage cable engineering
- have extensive experience of project management
- are a good communicator and thrive in an international working environment
- speak and write English fluently.
It is essential that you are outgoing and have a conscientious attitude to your work. You thrive on working in teams with your colleagues and other stakeholders. Master the ability to mentor colleagues within the field of HV/EHV cables and managing contracts. You have a structured, service-minded and flexible approach to your tasks, and you are very attentive to developing trends within the field of high voltage cables and excel in acquiring new knowledge.
A unique and challenging job where you have excellent opportunities to develop your competences when you participate in executing some of the largest construction projects within offshore wind power. Together with our project teams, you develop offshore wind projects and continuously build up knowledge of project development, including developing external networks to advance our projects.
We have an ambitious growth strategy for the coming years in north-western Europe, United States and Asia and in our company, optimum performance and international growth will go hand in hand in future years. Through your work, you will take part in executing an ambitious strategy for international growth and continuous development of clean and sustainable CO2-free energy solutions.
In DONG Energy Wind Power, we have a high level of expertise and many complex and challenging work tasks. We work goal-oriented and efficiently with some of the world's largest offshore wind projects, and we are committed to reducing the cost of electricity.
Please do not hesitate to contact Hossein Ghorbani, Team Lead for Export Cables, on telephone +45 9955 8798 if you want to know more about the position.
We look forward to receiving your application, CV and diplomas as electronic files as soon as possible and no later than15 January 2017.
Please note that we may procure a criminal record certificate in connection with this job, and that employment will be subject to the information listed. The criminal record certificate will only be used in the assessment if the criminal activity is of relevance to the position.
Click on the button to submit your application.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder