Logistics Specialist responsible for implementation and development of offshore logistics for our offshore wind farms
Would you like to take up the challenge of developing and supporting offshore logistics within operation and maintenance of the world’s largest portfolio of offshore wind farms?
Join us and become Logistics Specialist in our department Offshore Logistics, helping us develop logistics to support our ambitious strategy for further international growth. Offshore Logistics is responsible for delivering and supporting safe and efficient offshore logistics within our Operations’ business area. The department consists of experienced specialists within maritime operations, helicopter operations, performance optimisation and logistics infrastructure design.
Offshore Logistics is part of Wind Power, which has 1800 employees and is one of four business units in DONG Energy. Wind Power is the world’s largest developer and operator of offshore wind power, and we use our unique knowledge in all phases of our wind turbine projects. During the last 20 years, we have developed and constructed the largest portfolio of offshore wind farms in Northern Europe, and we are expanding with international activities in the US and Asia-Pacific.
You may choose freely to be based either at our London office in the United Kingdom or alternatively at one of our Danish offices in Gentofte in the Greater Copenhagen area or in Skærbæk near Fredericia. However, you should expect some travelling to our offices in Northern Europe in relation to your work.
Your key tasks will be to
- play an important role in ensuring the offshore logistical set-up is in place to support our strategic targets for increased safety, reduced cost of energy and further ambitious growth
- develop, support and implement best-in-class offshore logistics performance in relation to our operational offshore assets in the UK
- be responsible for supporting our operational assets and proactively identifying improvement initiatives for optimisation of current operations
- support asset projects in development of logistical set-up for wind farms in the pipeline
- deliver and mobilise new vessels at sites through close cooperation with asset projects and site operations.
You will liaise with operational sites on vessel performance and future needs for vessel support, and develop and implement processes, procedures or technology for improved safety and efficiency. In addition, you will proactively identify and drive improvement initiatives aligned with strategic priorities.
Moreover, you will be supporting operations at several operational assets in the UK and ensure their need for back-office support is met and is performing as best in class in terms of safety and efficiency.
Your qualifications and core competences include that you
- hold a bachelor's degree, a master's degree or another relevant degree within the maritime field or within engineering and logistics
- preferably, have an operational maritime background and extensive experience with logistical operations within the offshore wind industry
- have solid working experience within safety aspects in an operational environment, and you know what it takes to implement offshore logistics and develop performance across back-office functions and site operations
- have strong communication skills, enabling you to express and present information professionally to business partners at all organisational levels
- know site operations and back-office functions well and are able to identify and deliver performance improvements.
Moreover, it is essential that you have an analytical approach to analysing problems, enabling you to propose relevant alternatives, develop recommendations and implement appropriate solutions. You have a positive, open-minded and result-oriented approach to your work and are prepared to learn about other functional areas.
Additionally, you have personal drive, and you are able to suggest improvements within your area of experience in a proactive manner and to work independently.
An exciting and unique job where you will have the opportunity to further develop both your professional and personal competences and influence your daily work. Moreover, you will have the opportunity to benefit intensely from knowledge sharing and co-operation with colleagues and stakeholders in an international company.
In DONG Energy Wind Power, we have a high level of expertise and many complex and challenging work tasks. We work goal-oriented and efficiently with some of the world's largest offshore wind projects and we are committed to reducing the cost of electricity.
For Denmark, Please do not hesitate to contact Lars Høy Jørgensen, Head of Operations Logistics, on telephone +45 9955 6141 if you want to know more about the position.
For the United Kingdom, please do not hesitate to contact the Recruitment Specialist by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application, CV, a cover letter and any applicable diplomas as electronic files by 30 January 2017.
All UK based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
Click on the button "Ansøg" to submit your application.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder