Construction supervisor/black discipline engineer
Do you want to use your offshore skills in an onshore position? Do you enjoy going offshore on occasion? And do you have a Mechanical Engineering degree or a Technical education? Then this could be the right job for you.
Contribute to important project decision making
As part of our EPC service, we handle construction management, construction supervision and provide a backup team for our clients. In this position you will be part of our construction team providing full EPC services and you will work on multidisciplinary projects. Among other tasks, you will be working with cost estimation, construction planning and site supervision of project execution.
In your daily work you will handle tasks such as:
- Brownfield cost estimation
- Follow-up on vendor deliveries
- Detailed vendor construction work planning
- Job card break down and definition
- Site supervision, periodic
- Reporting to clients
- Participation in HAZID/HAZOPs
- Perform constructability review as part of early involvement in detailed design
- Participation in project meetings with clients
- Package engineering
You can expect travel days in connection with on- and offshore site deployment.
Excellent communicator determined to deliver high quality projects
As a person you show engagement by having a proactive approach and you thrive in an ever changing construction project environment. Further, you are great at finding the best solution for our clients and you work structured and committed. Finally, as an outgoing and positive person you find it easy to collaborate with numerous stakeholders and you are an appreciated colleague.
To be a success in this position, you need the following competencies:
- Mechanical engineering or equivalent technical education such as marine engineer, black smith, metalworker, welder, pipefitter or similar
- Min. 5-10 years of practical experience with site management / supervision of construction and installation of oil & gas projects
- Min. 5-10 years of practical experience as black offshore discipline engineer
- Experience with handling O&G EPC projects, vendor's TBE, VDR and with adequate site exposure and FAT witness
- Experience with defining scope of works and estimating hours, materials and installation methods
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of project dimensioning, descriptions, drawings, industry standards and regulations
- Business level in English and Scandinavian language. Both in oral and written
Your new colleagues
EPC is one of our strategic priorities and has a high focus within Ramboll. The Construction group is an independent profit earning department. We manage offshore brownfield and modification projects differing in complexity as an integrated part of larger project team organisations. The Construction group is led by the construction manager and consists today of a small core team which is ready to grow further to meet our clients’ growing demands. All team members have in-depth fabrication, construction and installation backgrounds, and are adding the required level of practical / entrepreneur skills to projects, to meet client expectations.
An exciting and challenging job in a dynamic and international environment with a pleasant working climate and highly skilled colleagues. We are focused on knowledge sharing and collaboration across competence areas and geography and enjoy an informal tone. Ramboll invests a lot in development of people and offers career paths tailored for each individual.
For further information about the position, please e-mail your questions to our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in applying, please send your application through our online recruitment system by clicking the link to apply. Remember to attach your CV, motivational application and exam papers when applying.
We will be interviewing on a continuous basis, so please send your application as soon as possible and no later than 18 December 2016.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder