Assistant or Associate Professorship in Inorganic Chemistry
DTU Chemistry at the Technical University of Denmark invites applications for a position as assistant or associate professor in Inorganic Chemistry with emphasis on catalysis or inorganic materials science.
DTU Chemistry is a department with the overall mission of contributing to research, development and education within the following scientific areas: Advanced and Applied Chemistry with strong activities in Organic, Inorganic, and Physical Chemistry.
The Department has 160 employees including presently 25 faculty members. The successful candidate will join the section for Organic and Inorganic Chemistry and is expected to interact closely with the other faculty members at the Department.
Responsibilities and tasks
The candidate must actively take part in the promotion, development and improvement of research and education within experimental Inorganic Chemistry with emphasis on catalysis or inorganic materials science.
The department has a strong track record in these areas and the new faculty will have access to excellent facilities to support a strong research program.
The successful candidate is expected to conduct innovative research at the highest international level and to establish an outstanding, externally funded research program in inorganic chemistry.
The assistant or associate professor should contribute to the development of the above mentioned research areas at DTU Chemistry in fruitful collaboration with relevant staff at the department and from other departments at DTU. It is especially important that the assistant or associate professor will engage in the increasing industrial collaboration at DTU Chemistry.
Candidates for an
- Assistant Professorship must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent)
- Associate Professorship must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent) as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding an Assistant Professorship and should document didactic/pedagogic training.
The applicant should be able to document a strong potential and profile for research and education.
A candidate for an associate professor position is expected to have solid teaching experience while a candidate for an assistant professor position is expected to have some teaching experience and is expected to complete DTU's university teaching education within the first 2 years of employment.
The candidate is expected to participate in teaching practical and theoretical inorganic chemistry at all levels. A significant part of the courses at the Department is taught to B.Sc. students to and most of these are given in Danish. The candidate is therefore required to be able to teach in Danish no later than 3 years after being employed. Furthermore, supervision of postdocs, PhD students, and undergraduate students is expected as well as continuing education and dissemination of research results at all levels.
Requirements for an assistant/associate professor are:
- Original scientific output at an international level within experimental catalysis or inorganic material science.
- A strong background in, and an innovative approach to, experimental inorganic chemistry relevant for fundamental understanding as well as the application potential of new insight.
- Interest for application oriented research and industrial collaboration.
Specific requirements for an associate professor are:
- Documented and successful teaching and dissemination experience from previous academic career.
- Preferably a track record of academic cross-disciplinary collaboration.
Candidates also must have a record of excellence in research as demonstrated by publications in top ranked and field relevant academic journals, patents, and presentations at significant conferences.
In the assessment of the candidates consideration will be given to
- experience in teaching and education
- scientific production and research potential at an international level
- the ability to promote and utilize research results
- an all-round experience basis, preferably including international experience
- the ability to contribute to development of internal and external cooperation
DTU offers an interesting and challenging job in an international environment focusing on education, research, scientific advice and innovation which contribute to enhancing the economy and improving social welfare. We strive for academic excellence, collegial respect and freedom tempered by responsibility. DTU is a leading technical university in northern Europe and benchmarks with the best universities in the world.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union. Monthly starting salary levels will be app. 39,900 DKK and 43,900 DKK including contribution to pension for assistant and associate professor, respectively.
The position as associate professor and assistant professor is permanent. The assistant professor will after a maximum of 4 years transfer to a position as associate professor provided that the employee is recommended for assessment and is deemed qualified. More information can be found here: Career paths at DTU.
Further information may be obtained from Head of Department, Professor Erling H. Stenby, +45 4525 2012/+45 2261 6875 or Head of Section, Professor Jens Ø. Duus, + 45 4525 2451/ +45 2083 5207
You can read more about DTU Chemistry at www.kemi.dtu.dk
Please submit your online application no later than 2 January 2017.
Applications must be submitted as one pdf file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Ansøg" fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one pdf file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
- List of publications (applicants applying for the position as associate professor should indicate scientific highlights)
- H-index, and ORCID (see e.g. http://orcid.org/)
- A plan for future research
- Documentation for teaching experience (e.g. in the form of a teaching portfolio - applicants applying for the position as associate professor)
In the field “Please indicate which position you are applying for” please indicate whether you are applying for position as associate or assistant professor.
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All qualified candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder