Manager of Integration and Testing
Manager of Integration and Testing (I&T)
A Master or Bachelor in Engineering or similar with documented manager skills.
Work Experience, Specialized Skills and Knowledge Required
Minimum 5 years’ experience.
- Strong documented managerial skills within people and project management.
- Strong experience from technical verification and certification of complex IT equipment preferable from the telecommunication industry. This includes technical understanding of the test process to a level where the candidate can be a key driver for architecting future test systems and processes.
- Understanding of radio communication technology to the level where the candidate can act as expert in customer discussion regarding test results and problem RCAs.
- General understanding of the telecommunication industry, and the mobile industry in particular.
- Understanding and interest in 4 and 5G mobile technologies (e.g.LTE-FDD, LTE-TDD) and possibly also 3G technologies (WCDMA, HSDPA and HSPA+).
- A background in cellular conformance testing is considered a strong plus.
Summary of Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The I&T manager shall manage a local team of highly skilled hardware and test engineers with different competence areas.
The manager has the overall responsibility of planning and scheduling team activities. The manager will be responsible for guiding the team, ensuring delivery deadlines and for doing external communication and coordination with customers and other MTI groups worldwide.
The I&T team has responsibility for test and validation tasks of SW, HW and overall functionality. Test is performed at module, unit and system level for complex telecom equipment used in modern and future mobile networks. The I&T team has the following main responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning and execution of Base station and Remote Radio Head Air interface conformance testing for developed equipment before deployment by major Telecom Operators worldwide. Test execution is conducted on automated test systems developed and maintained by the group itself.
- Insurance of test result integrity. This involves in-depth understanding of error sources like test equipment limitations, noise, harmonics generation and PIM etc. When issues are detected, the group is responsible for assessing whether origin is the test system or the unit under test, and to perform corrective actions. Additionally, the group is supporting R&D in conduction RCAs for observed issues with tested units.
- Software release and regression testing for new and existing mobile equipment. Test is again conducted on automated test systems developed and maintained by the group itself.
Essential job functions:
- Maintaining a positive and inspiring work environment in the group and facilitate open communication.
- Team management, including people management, coaching, long- and short-term planning and employee feedback and reviews.
- Being a focal point for maintaining and developing work procedures, test facilities and administrative tools to ensure team productivity. This also involves participation in design and documentation reviews.
- Being the anchor for ensuring quality of conducted tests. This involves facilitating internal test result reviews and ensuring efficient communication of results to stakeholders.
- Being the group point of contact for all external stakeholders. This also involves regular participation in external coordination meetings with customers and other MTI groups.
- Being the project manager for test projects.
The I&T manager report directly to the Head of Integration and Test Section located in US.
Language skills: Written and spoken English at high level.
Apply for the position via the "Ansøg" link found on this page.
Tlf: +45 4276 0303
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder