Algorithm Test System Project & People Manager
At FPC you will be working with the latest technology in a dynamic international environment, in a company under rapid development. You will be empowered with responsibilities and decision paths are short and fast. Our people are engaged and each individual is important since our joint efforts contribute to our success. www.fingerprints.com
FPC is seeking a project & people manager for our algorithm test system in order to help us develop future biometric systems for mobile phones and other devices. FPC is a leader in the development of capacitive fingerprint sensors and designs the whole system solution, from advanced custom silicon devices and microelectronic packaging to algorithms and software for fingerprint recognition and applications on the target devices.
We are looking for a talented manager in our algorithm team located in Copenhagen. As part of the algorithm team, you will join a significant R&D effort and play a key role in the development of biometric algorithms for current and future modalities, adapted to smartphones, wearables, smartcards as well as other devices and business segments. The algorithm team is a central part of R&D, and is characterized by a very high level of professional competence and experience as well as an open and innovative work environment.
As a critical enabler for algorithm development as well as customer evaluation, our algorithm test system integrates the full algorithm asset in a system designed to allow assessment of algorithm configurations with very high efficiency, coverage, completeness, accuracy, flexibility, quantification and automation. The algorithm test system is a critical tool for algorithm design and implementation in our continuous quest for optimal system-level trade-off’s.
As project manager you will be responsible for the algorithm test system and associated tools (for e.g. visualization), during all phases of identification, definition, and execution, including requirements, scope, content, effort, schedule, and risk. Further, you will contribute to our roadmap for algorithm features and performance, contribute to process engineering, assist customer support, and be the key in bringing our engineering into the real world. You will work in close collaboration with colleagues in algorithm development and teams responsible for HW and SW.
As people manager you will be responsible for part of our most important resource, - our people. The responsibility includes recruiting, allocation and organization, as well as management of competences, motivation and compensation.
Competences & Skills
You are an experienced project management professional with technical background in SW engineering or algorithm development. You have an international profile and a track record in managing development projects and leading people.
We expect you to have:
- A technical Master degree, with relevant specialization in SW engineering or algorithm development.
- Documented - and ideally certified - project management experience, preferably in SW engineering for algorithm development.
- Talent for, and preferably experience with, people management, and a proven capacity to lead a small team of experts, and orchestrate their efforts coherently and in line with business needs and schedule.
- Capacity to balance your significant ability to organize and structure, with the need to innovate and think outside the box.
- Strong drive and the persistence to stay on top of things and follow through, even under pressure.
- Understanding and appreciation of the commercial aspects of your projects.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in spoken and written English.
- A dedicated team-oriented attitude and a pro-active approach.
This is an excellent opportunity for accomplished professionals to be part of a dedicated and highly competent team of peers. We offer challenging, intellectual projects and competitive compensation.
We are looking forward to your application. We will review applications continuously, so please apply as soon as possible and no later then December 18th. The recruitment process is handled by Recruitment Consultant Maria Jaern Ekengren (+46 707 64 34 99).
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder