Helicopter Specialist for development of offshore logistics
Would you like to take up the challenge of developing offshore logistics for the world's largest portfolio of offshore wind farms?
Join us and become Helicopter Specialist in our Operations Offshore Logistics department, which is responsible for developing, delivering and supporting safe and efficient offshore logistics within our Wind Power Operations business area. The department consists of experienced specialists within maritime operations, helicopter operations, performance optimisation and design of logistics-related infrastructure. You will be responsible for helping us develop offshore logistics to support our ambitious strategy for further international growth.
The department is part of Wind Power, which has 1,800 employees and is one of four business units in DONG Energy. Wind Power is the world's largest developer and operator of offshore wind power, and we use our unique knowledge in all phases of our wind turbine projects. During the last 20 years, we have developed and constructed the largest portfolio of offshore wind farms in Northern Europe.
You may choose freely to be based either at our office in Gentofte near Copenhagen or in Skærbæk near Fredericia. You should, however, expect some travelling to our offices and sites in Northern Europe in relation to your work.
Your key duties will be to
- develop safe and efficient helicopter operations for our existing wind farms as well as for new wind farms
- prepare risk assessments, budget calculations, tender documents, flight manuals and negotiate contracts
- support tender processes for new helicopters and drive complete implementation on site, as well as following up on operational performance
- develop and implement procedures or technology for improved helicopter performance at existing sites
- proactively monitor changes in aviation law and industry guidelines as well as ensuring compliance.
Your qualifications and core competences include that you
- preferably have a bachelor's degree, a master's degree or another relevant degree within engineering, logistics or commerce
- have a strong mix of operational and administrative aviation experience and extensive knowledge of international (ICAO, EASA) and national (Danish, British, German) civil aviation legislation and industrial standards for offshore helicopter operations
- have working experience within safety aspects in an operational environment and know what it takes to develop and implement processes across back-office functions and site operations
- have solid experience in developing solutions and presenting recommendations to management and experience with technical or project management in the offshore wind industry as well as having in-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Office programs, especially PowerPoint and Excel
- have a positive, open-minded and result-oriented approach to your work, a personal drive enabling you to suggest improvements within your area of experience in a proactive manner, as well as the ability to work independently.
Since you will be handling business partners at all organisational levels, it is essential that you have strong communication skills, enabling you to express and present information professionally. As we operate in an international environment, it is crucial that you speak and write English fluently. Furthermore, it is an advantage if you speak and write Danish as well.
An exciting and unique job where you have every opportunity to further develop both your professional and personal competences and influence your daily work. Moreover, you will have the opportunity to benefit intensely from knowledge sharing and cooperation with colleagues and stakeholders in an international company.
In DONG Energy Wind Power, we have a high level of expertise and many complex and challenging work tasks. We work goal-oriented and efficiently with some of the world's largest offshore wind projects, and we are committed to reducing the cost of electricity.
Please do not hesitate to contact Lead Helicopter Specialist Gorm Müller, on telephone +45 99 55 78 49.
We look forward to receiving your application, CV and diplomas as electronic files by 19 December 2016.
Click on the button to submit your application.