Committed Senior Microbiologist for characterisation
Committed Senior Microbiologist for characterisation and development of household waste processes
Would you like to be part of an exciting project aiming at recycling and changing household waste into sustainable energy?
Join us and become Senior Microbiologist in our Process Control & Optimisation team, where you will join a team of nine dedicated colleagues and be part of a team, responsible for developing, controlling, measuring and characterising the processes for further optimisation and development. We currently operate a major pilot and demonstration facility in the Copenhagen area and are currently building the first REnescience full-scale plant for handling household waste in the UK. Our ambition is to become one of the world's leading suppliers of technology within this field.
Process Control & Optimisation is part of Bioenergy and Thermal Power, which has 800 employees and is one of four business units in DONG Energy. We own just below half of the thermal production capacity in Denmark and are at the forefront of the development within efficient use of biomass and reduction of the environmental impact through innovative bio-refining technologies.
You will be based at our new location in Ballerup in the Greater Copenhagen area. However, you should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Your key tasks will be to
- screen, characterise and refine the microbial community at different stages in the REnescience process
- document, develop and optimise the microbial community
- design experiments, including data analysis and reporting in both laboratory, pilot, demonstration and commercial scale
- build a data base with microbial community in the process.
Your qualifications and core competences include that you
- have a master's degree or PhD degree in microbiology, biotech or a similar technical background
- have extensive experience from the industry and a proven track record in the field of lactic acid bacteria or similar
- speak and write English fluently, enabling you to operate efficiently in an international environment
- are a team player, proactive, systematic and persistent
- have excellent communication skills enabling you to communicate complex matters in a professional and straightforward way.
We are in the midst of an exciting development process, and your job will bring many new challenges every day. You should therefore be able to prioritise your tasks, and see documentation as a natural part of your job. Experience within microbial screening methods and knowledge within lactic acid bacteria is an advantage.
A challenging job in a dynamic and informal environment. You will have excellent opportunities for influencing the development of one of the world's new technologies within sustainable treatment and usage of household waste or non-food biomass.
In DONG Energy, Bioenergy & Thermal Power, we have a high level of expertise and many complex and challenging work tasks. We work dedicated with our thermal projects; We have increased the share of biomass significantly in our electricity and heat production, and we are continuously working on optimising and streamlining our power stations.
Please do not hesitate to contact Stine Kreutzmann, Manager of Process Control & Optimisation, by telephone on +45 9955 8506 if you want to know more about the position.
We look forward to receiving your application, CV and diplomas as electronic files as soon as possible and no later than 7 December 2016, as we will be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Click on the button to submit your application.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder