Control Engineer for Siemens Wind Power
Our R&D department (Technology) forms the core of our technological leadership, and building values like excellence, innovation and responsibility, the personal and professional development of our employees is essential to us. Cooperative working methods and informal atmosphere throughout the organization is central. The Technology department in Brande, Denmark currently employs approximately 800 people.
For our Loads and Control department in Technology, we are looking for a Control Engineer to strengthen the wind turbine control team. With the high level aim of minimizing the cost of energy produced by our wind turbines, the team is responsible for the development of wind turbine controllers, control features and the related tool chain. As a control engineer you will be part of a dynamic team of committed engineers, and you will have the opportunity to convert a profound understanding of control systems into robust solutions which works in the real world.
What are my responsibilities?
- Based on field operational experience and customer requirements, you will be responsible for the development, implementation and validation of wind turbine control software and features
- Focus of your work will be both on improving the general performance of the fleet as well as engaging in developing wind turbine controllers of the future
- Integration of controller functionality into wind turbine simulation and hardware platform using Model (Simulink) Based Controller Design
- Controller solution certification
- Turbine project specific controller tuning and validation
- Operational root cause analysis
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You hold an engineering degree at M.Sc. or PhD level and you have a strong background within control systems development - preferably from the wind turbine industry
- You are an experienced Matlab/Simulink and C programmer
- You are proactive and structured and you have a holistic mind-set and strong analytical skills
- You are outgoing and have a result orientated approach to your work and are capable of keeping a sense of perspective during hectic situations
- You thrive in an international organization
- You possess excellent English skills both orally and in writing
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
In Siemens we are always looking for talented, enthusiastic, curious, initiating and innovative employees with strong professional competencies, who want to make a difference for the environment and the world we live in.
By joining Siemens Wind Power you will become part of an open and dynamic workplace where professional and personal development is an important part of the agenda. We prioritize being responsible for our employees’ health and well-being, and we offer many employee benefits.
To name a few, we have favorable retirement agreements which include health insurance, a LogBuy benefits card including more than 3,000 discount agreements across Denmark, optional membership of our staff association, free fruit, coffee and tea and great canteen facilities offering nutrient-rich food at low prices. Furthermore, we focus on our employee’s work-life balance to create mutual, flexible working conditions.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens Wind Power is a leading supplier of wind power solutions for onshore, offshore and coastal sites. Denmark is a core part of Siemens’ global wind power activities, housing global wind power R&D and engineering activities along with several supply chain management, sales and project management functions. Currently, approximately 6,000 employees out of a global staff of more than 11,500 work with wind power solutions in Denmark. Read more at www.siemens.com/windpower.
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
Apply online in English for the job at www.siemens.dk/career. Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
For further information about the recruitment process, please contact the recruiting team via phone: +45 4477 5772.
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible
If you want to know more about what it is like to work and live in Denmark, please read more at www.siemens.dk/moving-to-denmark.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder