Fermentation Scientist for upscaling processes of lactic acid bacteria
Chr. Hansen is a global bioscience company that develops natural ingredient solutions for the food, nutritional, pharmaceutical and agricultural industries. All solutions are based on strong research and development competencies and significant technology investments. The company enjoys market leadership in all its
Fermentation Process is seeking a skilled and enthusiastic Scientist to work within the field of fermentation development of lactic acid bacterial cultures. The Fermentation Process department is organized within Research & Development Microbial Platform in Science, Technology and Supply. Development of fermentation processes in small to medium scales and stabilization of cultures are our main activities. The processes we develop are implemented directly in Chr. Hansen’s culture plants globally.
Your main tasks
- Responsible for the development of experimental methods, techniques and processes to define and optimize microbial fermentation systems for lactic acid bacterial culture production by applying scientific and/or engineering principles and practices
- Develop fermentation processes for bacterial cultures intended for dairy, wine and meat applications, probiotics and microbiome
- Take part in the implementation of designed processes in our culture plants
- Optimize and up-scale the fermentation processes using statistical tools such as Design of Experiment and Multivariate Data Analysis
- Apply innovative approaches and technologies to achieve development and application goals and to challenge the status quo
- Collaborate across our organization
- Execute studies at both laboratory scale and pilot plant scale on product yield and mechanisms of product synthesis.
Your personal profile
- You hold a Ph.D. degree in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Microbial Physiology, Chemical Engineering or related scientific field
- You have extensive experience in microbial fermentation of bacteria - preferably within lactic acid bacteria
- You have knowhow of bioprocessing; hereunder aseptic techniques, separation techniques, downstream processes and process scale-up
- You are able to work with statistical tools for Design of Experiment & multivariate data analysis
- You are outgoing and communicative
- You are fluent in English (orally and in writing)
- You are a true team-player with interpersonal skills
- You are goal-oriented and flexible
- You have the ability to work independently, manage development and executing projects with deliverables aligned with the strategic goals of Chr. Hansen.
We offer an inspiring work place with dedicated colleagues. Our company is a world leader in the dairy market and we intend to continue being so. The key to our success lies in improving our established and well-documented expertise, taking in new technologies, collaborating with customers and academic institutions and selecting the best new candidates of tomorrow - Is that you?
If you have any questions please contact Department Manager Silja Kej Diemer, email@example.com.
Please apply on-line via "Ansøg" link. Here you can enter your details into our CV-bank.
Application deadline is 9 December 2016, but please note that we will read and process applications as we receive them.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder