Technical Writer with turbine platform responsibility and focus on Maintenance manuals
Are you a dedicated Technical Writer and would you like to be part of setting new standards for the preventive maintenance documentation for technically complex turbines in a dynamic company?
If so, you can be the new person in our Preventive Maintenance Documentation team in the Service Technology Department in Siemens Wind Power. Area of responsibility will be platformwise as well as supporting across other platforms and for securing high quality service documentation with focus on safety to our global team of service technicians.
What can we offer you?
- A personal career path
- Participation in the development of processes
- The chance to be part of a dynamic team
- Cross organizational cooperation as a responsible platform owner with contact to both Solution owners and Service technicians
- A daily working environment of global colleagues
- The opportunity to learn about renewable energy
- A unique possibility to combine linguistic skills and technical insight
What are my responsibilities?
As platform responsible your tasks will cover:
- Creating and updating service manuals (up to +400 pages) in our Content Management System (Tech Pub Studio) as well as related service checklists
- Authoring Maintenance manuals by use of clear and concise English (simplified technical English)
- Gathering, systemizing and structuring complex information from engineers and other stakeholders
- Taking photos on site in connection with service visits – this includes climbing turbines (expect 5-10 travel days per year)
- Converting information into clear and concise documentation by using text and illustrations
- Managing your own projects and communicating with stakeholders
- Ensuring that reviews from technical and safety perspectives are considered and that approval processes are performed in time on your own manuals
- Assisting and supporting team colleagues in projects on other platforms
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have 2-3 years of experience in writing and managing technical documentation. Furthermore you have good IT applications skills - and knowledge or experience with topic-based authoring, single sourcing, TPS or xml-based editing
- If you have any technical experience - this will be an advantage
- You are structured and proactive in your work and approach to assignments and you can work independently as well as in a team
- You like working on long-term projects involving large-scale documents and you are used to work closely together with both engineers and service technicians
- You have the ability to cooperate and create networks with colleagues across the company
- You are a good communicator and have good English skills both orally and in writing
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens Wind Power is a leading supplier of wind power solutions for onshore, offshore and coastal sites. Denmark is a core part of Siemens’ global wind power activities, housing global wind power R&D and engineering activities along with several supply chain management, sales and project management functions. Currently, approximately 6,000 employees out of a global staff of more than 11,500 work with wind power solutions in Denmark. Read more at www.siemens.com/windpower.
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
Apply online in English for the job at www.siemens.dk/career. Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
For further information about the recruitment process, please contact the recruiting team via phone: +45 4477 5772. Apply for the position via the "Ansøg" link found on this page.
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible.
If you want to know more about what it is like to work and live in Denmark, please read more at www.siemens.dk/moving-to-denmark.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder