Facilities Project Manager
Facilities Project Manager for our offshore wind projects
Would you like to join a fast-growing and high focus area within our operations organisation and take part in the development and construction of our onshore O&M facilities?
Join us an become Facility Project Manager in our new Facilities Concept department and help us implement large offshore wind projects. Together with your colleagues, you will head the development and implementation of our future wind projects comprising a wide range of various types of onshore facilities.
Facilities Concept is part of Wind Power which has 1800 employees and is one of four business units in DONG Energy. Wind Power is the world’s largest developer and operator of offshore wind power, and we use our unique knowledge in all phases of our wind turbine projects. During the last 20 years, we have developed and constructed the largest portfolio of offshore wind farms in Northern Europe, and we are expanding with international activities in the US and Asia-Pacific.
You may choose freely to be based either at our Danish office in Gentofte in the Greater Copenhagen area or in Skærbæk near Fredericia or alternatively at our London office in the United Kingdom on local terms and conditions. However, you should expect some travelling in Denmark and Northern Europe in relation to your work.
Your key tasks will be to
- ensure that all facilities comply with all local, European and international codes and standards
- ensure that best practice from the extensive DONG Energy portfolio is incorporated in the new facilities
- be responsible for developing hub solutions, eg for securing that the project specific design makes it possible to do future build-outs of potential new wind farms operated out of the same locations
- fulfil the owner’s engineer role during construction phase and support operation project managers in matters concerning Onshore Facilitites
- support the Facilities Concept line in developing facilities concept for spares, tools, PPE and personnel that fits the facilities and offshore logistical solution as well as service and supply chain strategies.
You will be responsible for project specific onshore facilities solutions needed to service the organisation by operating and maintaining offshore wind farms. The task will be to secure the design of a large onshore building, including offices, technicians’ facilities, storage, pontoon, quay-side, training and helicopter airport facilities.
In addition, you will be responsible for collecting requirements and inputs from our Operations and Maintenance line functions and specify the detailed design requirements for the above mentioned elements as well as ensure that the facilities enable safe and efficient operation throughout the wind farms’ operational life.
Your qualifications and core competences include that you
- have a technical degree, preferably within civil engineering with structural design and harbour planning expertise, and a certification in project management at PMI or IPMA level
- have extensive experience with larger multi-disciplinary civil construction projects and some knowledge with EPC project management
- have experience with designing material flows, ways of working, and logistical setups
- have stakeholder management skills, as you will cooperate with stakeholders at many different levels of the organisation
- are able to incorporate safety into all aspects of a facility design and preferably have a safety qualification, such as NEBOSH in the UK.
Moreover, you are capable of working in a diverse international environment bringing together various employee groups, nationalities, cultures and authorities. It is important that you have excellent communication skills and master English at negotiation level. In addition, you have a result-oriented approach to your work and are able to work independently, though, at the same time also exude team spirit, enabling you to create excellent results through teamwork.
An exciting job where you will have excellent opportunities to develop your personal and professional competences when you are part of executing some of the largest construction projects within onshore and offshore wind power.
In DONG Energy Wind Power, we have a high level of expertise and many complex and challenging work tasks. We work goal-oriented and efficiently with some of the world's largest offshore wind projects, and we are committed to reducing the cost of electricity.
For Denmark, Please do not hesitate to contact Klaus Baggesen Hilger, Senior Manager of Technical Concept Development, on telephone +45 9955 2086 if you want to know more about the position.
For the United Kingdom, please do not hesitate to contact the Recruitment Specialist by email on email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application, CV, a cover letter and any applicable diplomas as electronic files by 23:00, 30 November 2016. Apply for the position via the "Ansøg" link found on this page.
All UK based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder