Technical Project Manager - Grid Connection
Do you want to join a highly dedicated and professional team of mechanical and electrical design engineers developing the worlds greatest offshore wind turbine? Do you want to make offshore wind even more competitive leading to the lowest LCoE in the industry? Are you a result oriented design engineer with experience within design of electrical control panels, cables and control system? Do you want to make a significant difference for the generations to come?
For our next generation offshore turbine platform, we are looking for the best design engineers to take on the task of developing a new ground breaking control system to our new large offshore wind turbine. We are looking for the very skilled and systematic Electrical Design Engineer to develop the HW solutions for the Siemens Wind Power turbines. We are driving development of different electrical components and solutions including definition of product structure, bill of materials, design and development strategies, re-use of components etc. In addition we are participating in the build and refinement of complete wind turbine prototypes including mechanical and electrical integration of our components and solutions. After successful prototype build and erection we are supporting our supply-chain in securing a smooth transfer from prototype to production line.
What are my responsibilities?
- Management of electrical grid connection design, as well as specification of power converters and control panels.
- Participating in weekly project meetings in the electrical department
- Driving technical solutions and reviews with internal design team and multiple sub-suppliers and solution providers
- Planning and coordinating test equipment and test & verification activities, ranging from simulations to high voltage testing on-site.
- Ensuring time and quality in the deliveries to our projects
- Task coordination and priorities as well as task execution on key tasks
- Participating in product and technology development roadmaps and expand partnerships with external partners and suppliers
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have an education within electrical engineering and minimum 5 years of experience within product development and project management of complex products with multiple stakeholders and suppliers
- You are a skilled project manager and experienced design engineer with deep technical understanding
- An overall electrical understanding including knowledge and experience within electrical design is required. Wind turbine knowledge is an advantage
- You are familiar with working in large matrix organizations
- You are a dedicated team player and you thrive in a multi-cultural environment
- You have excellent practical and people management skills, strong communication skills and can interface with numerous parties
- You possess fluency in spoken and written English
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens Wind Power is a leading supplier of wind power solutions for onshore, offshore and coastal sites. Denmark is a core part of Siemens’ global wind power activities, housing global wind power R&D and engineering activities along with several supply chain management, sales and project management functions. Currently, approximately 6,000 employees out of a global staff of more than 11,500 work with wind power solutions in Denmark. Read more at www.siemens.com/windpower.
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
Apply online in English for the job by clicking on "Apply". Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
For further information about the recruitment process, please contact the recruiting team via phone: +45 4477 5772.
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible
If you want to know more about what it is like to work and live in Denmark, please read more at www.siemens.dk/moving-to-denmark.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder