Composite Design Engineer
For our Nacelle and Hub Department on our D3 platform within the Technology Section we are looking for a highly skilled Composite Design Engineer.
The department has the responsibility to develop major components of the Nacelle and hub, from concept to tested and verified products, ready for handover to serial production. The major components covered by the department include Glass-Reinforced Plastic (GRP) enclosures of the entire Nacelle and hub.
What are my responsibilities?
- Develop conceptual GRP 3D models in NX of primarily nacelle and hub enclosures, including principles for enclosure assembly, laminate plans, structural reinforcements and design considerations for, for instance, lightning and EMC protection
- Ensure design meets criteria for Costs, Quality, Manufacturability and Ease of Assembly
- Ensure cross organizational involvement in conceptual design work
- Taking part in supplier selection and evaluation
- Technical ownership during prototype fabrication and serial production, both at supplier and at local manufacturing facilities
- Technical sparring during supplier development
- Support to production
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have an educational background as a mechanical engineer or naval architect with preferably 5 years of experience within composites design, primarily from the wind turbine industry but can also be from the aviation or marine industry.
- You have documented experience with GRP from develop to manufacturing
- As a person, you have a thorough and structured approach and work persistently towards achieving your goals
- You have a trained eye for costs versus design criteria
- You are an independent and pro-active self-starter
- You are very familiar with cross functional team work and understand team dynamics
- You possess fairness and are trustworthy
- You possess excellent English skills both orally and in writing
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens Wind Power is a leading supplier of wind power solutions for onshore, offshore and coastal sites. Denmark is a core part of Siemens’ global wind power activities, housing global wind power R&D and engineering activities along with several supply chain management, sales and project management functions. Currently, approximately 6,000 employees out of a global staff of more than 11,500 work with wind power solutions in Denmark. Read more at www.siemens.com/windpower.
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
In Siemens we are always looking for talented, enthusiastic, curious, initiating and innovative employees with strong professional competencies, who want to make a difference for the environment and the world we live in.
By joining Siemens Wind Power you will become part of an open and dynamic workplace where professional and personal development is an important part of the agenda. We prioritize being responsible for our employees’ health and well-being, and we offer many employee benefits.
Apply online in English for the job at www.siemens.dk/career. Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
For further information about the position, please contact the hiring manager, Mikkel Verner Krogh: +45 3037 4043. For further information about the recruitment process, please contact the recruiting team via phone: +45 4477 5763.
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible.
If you want to know more about what it is like to work and live in Denmark, please read more at www.siemens.dk/moving-to-denmark.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder