Project Manager for wind turbine
Project Manager for wind turbine main component exchanges
Would you like to be at the forefront of one of the key challenges behind operating offshore wind farms?
Join us as Project Manager in the Jack-up & Heavy Lifting Solutions department, which is responsible for main component exchanges, eg requiring the use of jack-up vessels, across DONG Energy’s portfolio of offshore windfarms in operation. Our department is placed within the area of Operations Execution and, thereby, services our sites directly from within the same area of the organisation.
Jack-up & Heavy Lifting Solutions is part of Wind Power which has 1800 employees and is one of four business units in DONG Energy. Wind Power is the world’s largest developer and operator of offshore wind power, and we use our unique knowledge in all phases of our wind turbine projects. During the last 20 years, we have developed and constructed the largest portfolio of offshore wind farms in Northern Europe.
You may choose freely to be based either at our office in Skærbæk near Frederica or in Gentofte. However, you will be travelling frequently to our sites in Denmark, the United Kingdom and Germany.
Your key tasks will be to
- ensure the safe and timely execution of projects whilst minimising turbine downtime and costs
- prepare documentation packages, review and approve third party project documentation, and manage marine warranty surveyor approvals
- coordinate deliverables and input from a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- manage projects that aim at developing a long-term, robust, and efficient setup for the department
- drive sourcing processes aimed at securing long-term access to specialised personnel and equipment.
Your qualifications and core competences include that you
- have a master's degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering or marine discipline
- have extensive experience with managing projects within the offshore wind sector
- have a result-oriented approach to your work and the ability to prioritise activities in a fast-paced, and dynamic environment
- have strong communication skills and speak and write English fluently
- thrive in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders.
Furthermore, you have a proactive and positive approach to stakeholder management. Our projects usually involve stakeholders across different locations, countries, and companies, making this a key requirement for the position.
A unique and challenging job where you have every opportunity to develop your skills, where you will be at the forefront of some of the more crucial aspects of operating the world’s largest portfolio of offshore windfarms.
In DONG Energy Wind Power, we have a high level of expertise and many complex and challenging work tasks. We work goal-oriented and efficiently with some of the world's largest offshore wind projects, and we are committed to reducing the cost of electricity.
Please do not hesitate to contact Luis Bustamante, Head of Jack-up & Heavy Lifting Solutions, by telephone +45 9955 8165 if you want to know more about the position.
We look forward to receiving your application, CV and diplomas as electronic files as soon as possible and no later than 31 October 2016, as we will conduct interviews on a continuous basis.
Click on the button to submit your application.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder