Senior Research Scientist
Chr. Hansen is a global bioscience company that develops natural ingredient solutions for the food, nutritional, pharmaceutical and agricultural industries. All solutions are based on strong research and development competencies and significant technology investments. The company enjoys market leadership in all its
Senior Research Scientist, Microbiology/Bacillus
For the Discovery organization in Hørsholm we are seeking an experienced Senior Research Scientist with a proven scientific track record in the field of Bacillus physiology and plant-microbe interactions.
Chr. Hansen has started to develop and produce biologicals in order to address global challenges in crop science. As the world population and households consumption continues to grow, global demand for food will steadily increase putting an unprecedented productivity pressure on the agricultural sector. Microbial solutions will become an ever more important and safer way to address this productivity challenge. Building on 140 years’ expertise within microbial solutions and food bacteria, we have entered the plant health market to become part of this solution. We have a strategic alliance with FMC Corporation and through this alliance, we combine Chr. Hansen’s unique technology platform for bacterial solutions with FMC’s strong application know-how in crop science.
You will be part of our Discovery organization which is part of the R&D Microbial Platform organization at Chr. Hansen. Within Discovery we bridge academic research with new product development by improving our in-depth understanding of bacterial physiology to guide strain screening & improvement efforts. You will become part of a fast growing business area and a very committed and international team.
- Your main task is to drive and set direction for our research efforts within the plant health area, focusing on Bacillus physiology and strain development
- You will be involved in internal & external research projects aiming at elucidating molecular mechanisms, characterizing microbial phenotypes and using the generated knowledge as guidelines for strain screening & improvement
- You will be responsible for the documentation and communication of your experimental data, communicate and discuss your results with the team
Your personal profile
- You hold a Ph.D. in Bacillus physiology/microbiology or plant/microbe interactions
- You have proven scientific track record within the field
- You are talented, proactive and independent
- You are innovative and enthusiastic towards new ideas
- You have good communication skills and are able to engage in a team
- You communicate in English both written and spoken
A permanent position in a stimulating, international workplace within a professional organization focused on linking solid scientific research to business opportunities. In addition, we offer a good team with dedicated colleagues and a comprehensive scientific network in modern research laboratories.
If you have any questions for the position, please feel free to contact Lars Mølbak, Research and Development Manager (e-mail: email@example.com; phone: +45 5339 0373) Rute Neves, Senior Department Manager BactoPhI (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; phone +45 6043 1012) or Patrick M.F. Derkx, Senior Director Discovery (e-mail: email@example.com; phone +45 2274 0904).
Apply for the position via the "Ansøg" link found on this page. Here you can enter your details into our CV-bank. Deadline is 13 November 2016.
Read more about working for Chr. Hansen at: www.chr-hansen.com/career.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder