Firmware Test Engineer
Are you in the top league of testing of physical products incorporating a lot of software components? Do you want to be part of a fast-growing, successful and market-leading robotics company, where nothing is impossible? Do you get excited about working with 60 brilliant and talented colleagues with 20 different nationalities? Then you are probably one of the Software Engineers Universal Robots is looking for.
We have changed the ground rules in automation - and it is being noticed
As part of Universal Robots, you also become part of a global success. Our robotic arms help our customers improve productivity, profitability and create a safer working environment. Our international offices in Singapore, Barcelona, Shanghai and New York have performance-oriented colleagues who all share a passion for building a globally recognized business. We see rapid development and our learning curve is steep. At Universal Robots we have an ambitious growth strategy where we aim to fill the role of market leader in collaborative robots. Learn more about the groundbreaking products you will be working with: www.universal-robots.com Universal Robots is part of Teradyne Inc.
Designing the future with passion
As a Firmware Test Engineer you will be part of a highly skilled interdisciplinary team in the R&D department whose members are jointly responsible for designing, developing and maintaining the embedded firmware in our robots. The firmware you will be testing is responsible for all functionality that is strictly related to low-level control. Thus, you will have the opportunity to work with low-level firmware and hardware, a domain-specific language for graphical robot programming, intuitive user interfaces, services provided to external systems, user-friendly integration with external hardware, support for third party plugins and much more.
Your colleagues are experts in many different areas such as mechanical design, kinematics and high-level software. You will be part of a Scrum-team working closely with Software Developers, Hardware Developers and other Test Engineers. Your main responsibility is to help to ensure a high quality in the firmware components of the product. Some of the tasks according to this position will be:
- Test and verification of partial or fully completed features
- Test and verification of bug fixes
- Regression testing
- Exploratory testing
- Bug reporting
- Updating and validation of bug reports
- Preparation of test environments
- Refinement and development of test cases
- Recording of test results
- Assisting in product release
- Many of the listed tasks are performed manually or semi-automatically.
We are looking for a candidate with a bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of proven work experience or a master's degree and a minimum of 2-3 years of proven work experience - the degree is related to software or robotics engineering.
- Structured and analytical approach when working with the given tasks
- Strong communication skills to collaborate effectively with a talented team and people from Tech Support
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Linux/Unix operating system knowledge
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Experience with testing software which is part of or related to hardware products with electronics and/or mechanics
- High level of self-discipline and the ability to function in a self-organized team
- Experience with Atlassian Jira and Confluence
- Relevant certification(s), such as ISTQB, ISEB, TMap and TMap Next
- Experience working with an Agile development process
- Some experience with test automation
- Familiarity with fast growing companies and the associated deadlines and high-energy culture that goes along with launching new products
- Knowledge of Bash scripting and Python
We expect you to be agile and a fast-learner, as our set-up can change rapidly. You work well in a team and can provide and receive constructive feedback, but you are also able to work independently and stand alone.
At Universal Robots we ask a lot from our employees, but in exchange we offer an exciting job in a dynamic and fast-growing company with the opportunity of working alongside skilled and talented colleagues. You will be empowered to help make Universal Robots a success. You will be given responsibility and are allowed to take responsibility. We trust our employees to make educated decisions that benefit the organization.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder