Senior Offshore Structural Manager
Senior Offshore Structural Manager responsible for the design of offshore substations
Would you like to manage the development and design offshore substations for our offshore wind projects?
Join us and become Senior Technical Lead or Technical Project Manager in our team in Substations. We are responsible for managing engineering activities for our offshore substations throughout development, execution and installation until handover to operation and maintenance. You will be directly responsible for the technical scope of our offshore substations in relation to all matters of the structural steel design, general layout, mechanical equipment and fire & safety. We are looking for candidates who are eager to make a difference and contribute to future wind projects.
Substations is part of Wind Power, which has 1800 employees and is one of four business units in DONG Energy. Wind Power is the world’s largest developer and operator of offshore wind power, and we use our unique knowledge in all phases of our offshore wind projects. During the last 20 years, we have developed and constructed the largest portfolio of offshore wind farms in Northern Europe.
You may choose freely to be based either at our office in Gentofte in the Greater Copenhagen area or in Skærbæk near Fredericia However, you should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Your key duties will be to
- lead and manage the structural and mechanical project team during the development of offshore substations within projects
- manage and maintain contracts with the engineering contractor and certifying agency throughout projects, following up on design time schedule, budget and ensuring a high quality
- ensure progress, quality and optimisation of the engineering contractor’s deliverables
- manage the development and delivery of the technical requirements needed for the procurement of fabrication of offshore substations
- manage the sub-schedule for the fabrication contractor’s engineering works and follow up on quality and report on progress
- ensure project execution in accordance with department processes (the Substation Gate Model).
In addition, you will be responsible for informing the project manager of all significant technical issues, particularly risks, developing contingency plans and for managing changes in the design and fabrication phases.
In the project, you will refer directly to the Offshore Substation Package Manager and you will proactively collaborate with the Substation Electrical Manager who is responsible for all electrical equipment on the offshore substation and with the Substation Installation Manager to ensure safe and feasible installation.
Your qualifications and core competences include that you
- have extensive years of experience as an engineering or discipline manager
- hold a master’s degree in structural or offshore engineering
- have proven skills and acquired learning within project management
- have a sound understanding on what drives structural design of offshore topsides and jackets
- have experience managing design consultants and fabrication contractors within the offshore wind or oil and gas industry.
As we operate in an international environment, it is essential that you have excellent communication skills and speak and write English fluently.
The key to success in this position will be
- your ability to take decisions and drive the design process hereunder proactively ensure high quality and innovative design of offshore substation topside and substructure performed by the engineering and fabrication contractor.
- your excellence insight in planning of engineering tasks to be performed during design and when project changes from internal and external stakeholders occur
- your highly developed ability to foresee possible obstructions which may affect the progress of the project
- your dedication to perform on a high level and your ability to motivate contractors and stakeholders to deliver within deadlines.
Furthermore, it is expected that you continuously share lessons learned with your colleagues in the team.
A unique and challenging job and substantial freedom with responsibility in an international organisation focusing on decision-making processes. You will join a dynamic team with competent colleagues who value knowledge sharing and teamwork very highly.
Please do not hesitate to contact Kenneth M. Vinther-Bjerg, Head of Offshore Structural Engineering Management, on telephone +45 9955 8521 if you want to know more about the position.
We look forward to receiving your application, CV and diplomas as electronic files as soon as possible and no later than 13 November 2016, as we will be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Click on the button to submit your application.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder