Strain safety scientist
Chr. Hansen is a global bioscience company that develops natural ingredient solutions for the food, nutritional, pharmaceutical and agricultural industries. All solutions are based on strong research and development competencies and significant technology investments. The company enjoys market leadership in all its
We are looking for a dynamic Research Scientist within strain safety for our Identification department within the R&D organization in Hørsholm, Denmark. The position will be at the level of research or senior research scientist depending on experience.
Chr. Hansen is a world leading company which develops and manufactures microbial culture and enzyme-based products for the food and health & nutrition industries. We are expanding our activities within human, animal and plant health and is therefore looking for a highly skilled expert within strain safety assessment for bacterial species relevant for these new areas.
The Identification Department is part of the central R&D organization “R&D Microbial Platform” where we play a central role in projects and activities related to new product and new process development.
The department is responsible for Chr. Hansen’s culture collection, for state of the art taxonomic classification of our bacterial strains, for safety assessment of the strains, for the company’s genome sequencing facility and for developing molecular tools to characterize our strains and cultures.
Your main tasks
- Be part of expanding our knowledge about strain safety assessment of the growing range of bacteria
- Contribute to larger projects as well as ad hoc tasks
- Perform thorough safety assessment based on genome sequences with emphasis on antibiotic resistances and virulence
- Introduce new laboratory methods for safety assessment
- Generate data for and prepare safety statements for new strains
- Supervision of technical staff
Your personal profile
- You hold an advanced degree, preferentially Ph.D in a relevant area such as microbiology or molecular biology
- You have expert knowledge of and experience with phenotypical and genotypical safety assessment of bacterial strains including antibiotic resistance and virulence
- You enjoy collaborating with many different internal customers
- You have the ability to understand scientific details as well as placing them in a larger context
- You can communicate difficult technological details to fellow specialists as well as non-specialists
- You preferentially have experience within clinical microbiology or/and with pathogenicity evaluation of bacteria
- Self-motivated with excellent ability to communicate in English, both in writing and orally
A challenging position in a global company, with excellent opportunities for personal development. You will be part of an expanding and hard-working team of competent colleagues and have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the future activities within the Identification department.
If you have any questions, please contact Ken Flemming Hansen, Head of Department, +45 2249 5275
Please apply on-line, click on the "Ansøg" link. Here you can also enter your details into our CV-bank.
Deadline for applications is 19 October 2016. Interviews will be held successively as we are looking to fill the position as soon as possible.
Read more about working for Chr. Hansen at: www.chr-hansen.com/career.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder