Senior Researcher for Chemical Coatings of Energy Materials
Department of Energy Conversion and Storage (DTU Energy) carries out research on functional materials, components and systems and their applications for sustainable energy technologies, such as fuel cells, electrolysis, solar cells, membranes, magnetic refrigeration and thermoelectrics. The Department has 240 employees.
We are seeking a motivated senior research scientist for the Section for Electrofunctional Materials, with an experience on chemical and electrochemical coatings techniques such as, plating, sol-gel coating, anodization, for energy related materials in order to optimize their functionalities for applications in energy technologies.
Responsibilities and tasks
The successful candidate is expected to contribute to the development of novel types of energy materials using surface treatments and chemical coatings. Core activities include, but are not limited to:
- Development of energy materials using chemical coatings techniques such as sol-gel and electrochemical methods
- Development of characterization techniques and models for surface treatment engineering
- Integration of these surfaces and coatings into energy conversion technology components and systems
- Supervision of young researchers graduate and post graduate level in the above mentioned areas
- Participation in teaching in the area of microstructure and crystallographic characterization of surfaces for energy conversion technologies
- PhD in chemistry, physics, materials science or similar
- Experience within one or more of the following areas:
o Experience in structuring of surfaces, electrochemical
etching and coatings
o Experience with surface treatment
o Surface characterization techniques
o Modelling of components for energy conversion technologies
using e.g. Matlab, COMSOL
- Proven ability to attract and manage large research projects
- Experience in supervising students and young researchers
- Good communication skills in English, both written and spoken
In the assessment of the candidates consideration will be given to:
- Scientific production and research potential at international level
- Innovative skills and the ability to generate new ideas
- The ability to communicate at all levels such as the provision of scientific advice to public sector authorities
- The ability to promote and utilize research results
- An all-round experience basis, preferably including international experience
- The ability to contribute to development of the department’s internal and external cooperation
DTU offers an interesting and challenging job in an international environment focusing on education, research, scientific advice and innovation which contribute to enhancing the economy and improving social welfare. We strive for academic excellence, collegial respect and freedom tempered by responsibility. DTU is a leading technical university in northern Europe and benchmarks with the best universities in the world.
We offer an exciting and challenging job in an international environment. Good possibilities for professional and personal growth. A family friendly organization with flexible working hours.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union.
The working place will be DTU Risø Campus near Roskilde, Denmark. From 2020 at DTU Lyngby Campus.
Please contact Head of Section, Professor Nini Pryds, +45 4677 5752, for further information.
Additional information about DTU and Department of Energy Conversion and Storage can be found on www.energy.dtu.dk
Please submit your online application no later than 4 November 2016.
To view the full announcement and to apply use "Ansøg" link.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder