Chr. Hansen is a global bioscience company that develops natural ingredient solutions for the food, nutritional, pharmaceutical and agricultural industries. All solutions are based on strong research and development competencies and significant technology investments. The company enjoys market leadership in all its
We are looking for an ambitious Department Manager to head our Biochemical Department within the R&D department in Hørsholm, Denmark.
Chr. Hansen is a world leading company which develops and manufactures microbial culture and enzyme-based products for the food as well as health & nutrition industries. The Biochemical Analysis department is part of the new central R&D organization “R&D Microbial Platform”. You will become part of a busy Analytical function where we value strong team work, aim for scientific excellence, and provide high value to our customers.
The Department Manager will report to the Senior Director for Analytics, and will be part of a newly established management team. The manager will lead a growing team of highly skilled employees in a department equipped with state-of-the-art LC, GC and MS. The focus for the department is analysis and method development of new advanced analytical methods for e.g. flavour determination, metabolomics and proteomics. The Biochemical Analysis department plays a central role in new product development, new process development, and competence development within the R&D Microbial Platform. Therefore, a key task for the Department Manager is stakeholder management of the many collaborators within the rest of the organization.
You will have the responsibility to ensure that the department provides quality analyses and support to other R&D departments, as well as alignment and support to QC. A key task for the Department Manager is to ensure optimal utilization of resources by working with continuous improvements, and at the same time secure that methods and procedures are validated according to relevant requirements e.g. in international standards. You will be responsible for development of employees and the future organization of the department and through your work in the management team you will be part of defining the future strategy for the Analytical.
- Lead the team, manage task prioritization, and secure quality of methods and results
- Contribute to employee development through performance management
- Secure optimized resource planning and coordination
- Ensure a collaborative and safe working environment
- Be in charge of the department’s structure and strategy and follow up of Key Performance Indicators
- Work with stakeholders throughout Chr. Hansen to ensure alignment and efficient execution of projects
- Further develop the competences and capabilities of the team to meet future needs for biochemical analyses in Chr. Hansen
Your personal profile
- Genuine interest in people management and experience as people manager (e.g. team leader or project manager)
- Advanced education within the natural sciences and/or analytical chemistry (preferably a Ph.D.)
- Strong background within the area of advanced chemical analysis
- Solid planning capabilities and experience with resource management tools
- Interest in and experience with development of new methods
- Experience with scouting for and implementation of new advanced technology and laboratory instrumentation
- Significant experience with method validation
- Preferentially practical experience with quality systems (ISO/GLP/GMP)
- Interest in working with LEAN optimization
- Ability to keep the overview and deliver results even when being under pressure
- Natural ability to form and maintain networks
- Proactive and focused on identifying opportunities and solutions
- Excellent ability to communicate in English, both in writing and orally
A challenging position in a global company, with excellent opportunities for personal development. You will be part of an expanding and hard-working team of competent colleagues and have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the future activities within the R&D Microbial Platform.
If you have any questions, please contact Birgitte Wittschieben, Senior Director Analytics +45 4574 7349 or email@example.com.
Please apply on-line, click on the "Ansøg" link. Here you can also enter your details into our CV-bank.
Deadline for applications is 25 October 2016.
Read more about working for Chr. Hansen at: www.chr-hansen.com/career
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder