Associate Manager, Fermentation
Pioneer a brighter future
At Novozymes, we work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make a sustainable impact. We use science to advance industries, and as part of Research, Innovation and Supply, you will produce and deliver the biological solutions that boost our customers' business and pave the way for a brighter future.
Associate Manager, Fermentation, Kalundborg
We are looking for an ambitious Associate Manager to head one of our 3 Work Centers in Fermentation - Novozymes' most complex fermentation plant. You will be part of our management team consisting of 3 Associate Managers, 2 Senior Scientists, and a Department Manager. You will be responsible for your own Work Center in the department with an experienced team of operators, a process engineer, and a technician (approx. 15 employees).
Fermentation in Kalundborg has 50 employees. We ferment both bacterial and fungal batches, producing enzymes for technical, feed and food products.
As a part of the management team you will have significant influence on the department's performance and development, especially within the areas of safety, leadership and GMP. In a dynamic and hectic environment, it is our shared challenge to ensure processes are under control, and have the production running in the highest gear in order to support the delivery of products to our customers - all this while ensuring a safe working environment.
The position offers great development opportunities for the right candidate in a growing international company.
In this position you need to:
- Have a relevant academic scientific education such as engineer or cand.scient within biology, chemistry, biotechnology
- Have demonstrated leadership in a related industry
- Have experience with changing culture using process excellence (LEAN) tools
- Have experience in managing different employee groups
- Strive for continuous improvement of the way we work everyday
- Have abilities to quickly acquire the relevant insight and competences into our production processes
- Have good communication skills in Danish and English
- Be a dynamic, committed and outgoing person who can communicate and collaborate well with all employee groups. You can see the broader perspective in things and handle many tasks at a time
Are you the next Zymer in our team? Consider a career with Novozymes and let us realize you potential together.
Novozymes is the world leader in biological solutions. Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet's resources and helping build better lives. As the world's largest provider of enzyme and microbial technologies, our bioinnovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many other benefits that we rely on today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow. www.novozymes.com
For more information please contact Department Manager, Allan Filtenborg, by phone +45 3077 2159.
Application deadline: October 23, 2016.
Please attach your diploma(s) when you apply for the job.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder