Mechanical Operational Engineer
Our R&D department (Technology) forms the core of our technological leadership, and building values like excellence, innovation and responsibility, the personal and professional development of our employees is essential to us. Cooperative working methods and informal atmosphere throughout the organization is central. The Technology department in Brande, Denmark currently employs approximately 800 people.
The Operational Engineering team delivers all relevant engineering competences to support sourcing of components and manufacturing of our geared and direct drive offshore wind turbines. In parallel we monitor and proactively work on improving the performance of our turbines as well as supporting the internal handling of warranty cases.
What are my responsibilities?
As Mechanical Operational Engineer in this team, you will hold a broad mechanical responsibility working across different departments with many stakeholders. It will be your responsibility to provide efficient support internally to achieve high quality of components developed for our offshore wind turbines. You will be in charge of design, validation and case handling of retrofit solutions. Furthermore, you are expected to support our manufacturing locations producing the wind turbines of high quality while meeting the production plan.
In summary, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Case handling of retrofits - including design and validation
- Engineering support to the Procurement department - including preparation for second sourcing
- Coordination of task with our design office based in India as well as with external vendors
- Handling of Non Conformance Reports (NCR) from vendors and production
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You hold a Bachelor degree as Mechanical Engineer, Marine Engineer or similar as minimum requirement
- Preferably, you have some years of practical experience with mechanical design and production internally as well as through vendors. However, we are also interested in candidates who have graduated from their education recently.
- You have a broad mechanical understanding and motivation for working in a R&D and SCM environment
- Proven ability to manage a large amount of tasks simultaneous while dealing with many different stakeholders
- Capable of and motivated by creating results though team work as well as independently
- As a person, you are result-oriented, proactive and open-minded to new methods, working persistently towards achieving your goals
- You thrive in an international and dynamic work environment and have the ability to cooperate efficiently across multiple professional disciplines
- You possess strong analytical and outstanding communication skills and are fluent in English, both orally and in writing
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
You should apply for this position if you have the capacity and motivation for providing broad mechanical insight into components for Siemens offshore wind turbines. There will be short time from problem identification to successful implementation meaning a fast learning cycle and feedback on your own contribution. You will have a huge possibility to influence the success of our off shore market segment and the transition into a green energy supply.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens Wind Power is a leading supplier of wind power solutions for onshore, offshore and coastal sites. Denmark is a core part of Siemens’ global wind power activities, housing global wind power R&D and engineering activities along with several supply chain management, sales and project management functions. Currently, approximately 6,000 employees out of a global staff of more than 11,500 work with wind power solutions in Denmark. Read more at www.siemens.com/windpower.
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
Apply online in English for the job at www.siemens.dk/career. Please ensure that you have uploaded your CV, cover letter, list of references we may contact. Also, please check that you have completed all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the combined data to review your suitability for the role. Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
For further information about the position, please contact the hiring manager, Jesper Hammelsvang via phone +45 3037 5820. For further information about the recruitment process, please contact the recruiting team via phone +45 4477 5772.
Deadline for applications: As soon as possible.
If you want to know more about what it is like to work and live in Denmark, please read more at www.siemens.dk/moving-to-denmark.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder