Team Lead Blade Structural Design Integrity
For our Blade Department in Aalborg, Denmark, we are looking for a Team Lead for the Integrity Team. The Blade department is part of the Technology Division and responsible for the development of wind turbine blades and new technology. The Blade Module department is consisting of app. 100 employees, who are responsible for the design and validation of wind turbine blades.
The Blade Integrity Team is responsible for the generic design of composite components, development of core technologies (LPS, monitoring technology, NDT, Power Curve Upgrade Kits), fleet monitoring activities, support to blade operations, and warranty case handling. The Blades Integrity Team consists of 15 highly educated design engineers and specialist.
The team lead role is partly technical, administrative, and management. The overall distribution of these rolls will vary, but in general it is the aim that 50 % is administrative and management and 50% technical work.
What are my responsibilities?
- Operational ownership for blades in the production and in the field
- Specification and validation of blade repair methods and manufacturing tolerances
- Manufacturing defect categorization, characterization and validation
- Ensure activation of obtained design knowledge in new blade designs
- Development and consolidation of composite component designs and implementation of knowledge from risk assessments, manufacturing and field observations into design, production and field solutions
- Manage projects with internal/external stakeholders and proactively maintain organizational interfaces as well as communication with customers
- Maintain contact with certification bodies and ensure compliance with and information about certification requirements
- Building the competences and capacities of team members
- Project proposal input and review
- Collaboration with other Team Leads and Chief engineers
- Administrative (Time sheet approvals, Expense Report approvals, Travel Request approvals, Purchase Request / IT request approvals, Vacation etc.)
- Management and development of the Team by:
- Ensuring team scope and responsibilites
- Ensuring team strategy
- Providing feedback to the individuals
- One-on-one meetings with direct reports
- Building up the competences and capacities of team members
- Competence development planning
- Career development plans
- Target setting
- Performance reviews
- Assigning task and approving solution agreements
- Organizing & leading team meetings (Production board, team development, and team feedback)
- Resources management and capacity planning
- Evaluating and optimizing team performance
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have an educational background as a MSc. within composite mechanics, machinery or construction
- Working experience in a technical engineering organization preferably aerospace, automotive or wind energy
- You preferably have 5-8 years of experience including some years as a team lead
- Strong knowledge of composite materials, test methods and failure analysis of composites
- Living and/or working experience in an intercultural environment
- Outgoing personality, determination, persistency, and strong communication and collaboration skills
- The ability to work independently and the desire to drive own assignments
- You are analytical, outgoing, ambitious and goal oriented
- You are responsible, dynamic and willing to adapt
- You possess strong communication and cooperation skills, as well as excellent English skills in writing and speech
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens Wind Power is a leading supplier of wind power solutions for onshore, offshore and coastal sites. Denmark is a core part of Siemens’ global wind power activities, housing global wind power R&D and engineering activities along with several supply chain management, sales and project management functions. Currently, approximately 6,000 employees out of a global staff of more than 11,500 work with wind power solutions in Denmark. Read more at www.siemens.com/windpower.
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
Apply online in English for the job at www.siemens.dk/career. Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
For further information about the recruitment process, please contact the recruiting team via phone:+45 4477 5772
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible
If you want to know more about what it is like to work and live in Denmark, please read more at www.siemens.dk/moving-to-denmark.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder