2D Animator, VFX Artist or Technical Artist
Do you also think it would be great to have a beautiful game that can accurately tell the story the people of the past? Are you interested in the Vikings and being a part of an authentic game set in a historical universe? Would you like to be a part of creating the art for card based game together with our team of 2D Artists? To grow the art of our game we are looking for a handful of artists that have have experience with visual game art.
About our game
We are developing a digital autobattler card based game in a historical and mythological universe. The aim is to make a historically accurate game that inspires people to immerse themselves into history. The upcoming game is in production check it out at our itch.io:https://gamucatex.itch.io/tectonicus The player will be taking charge of a faction, either Viking, Frankian or English which they will follow through history. Letting you experience what happened in the past according to historical records. Battles take place online and in scenarios on a turn based board. You will lead your forces to your enemies lines and holding your moral high you will dominate the fighting! This innovative game puts historical characters in cards moving combat on a grid format. The inspiration comes from: Magic, Civilizations, Age of Empires and Heroes. We are an early stage startup that is disrupting what games can be used for. By using history from the records with the help of our historians we are making a historical micro world which will give the player a better understanding of the past. This we see as meaningful gaming that creates greater value in people’s lives. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a visionary and loving small family of professionals. We believe that making games should be as fun as playing them.
You can work remotely, but you are also welcome in our office in Copenhagen or a blended mixture either in a part time or full time position. We are currently bootstrapping in our team, meaning we are financing ourselves out of our pocket money until we receive funding. For this reason we can currently only offer an unpaid position but we are all running on passion and creativity. Once the game is sold or the company is funded, payment will be distributed to team members as revenue share. If you have what it takes we can discuss career options with a bigger role.
You will make concept art and illustrations of historical-mythological creatures, soldiers, ancient war scenes, various items and other 2D graphics that are in line with history, such as historical characters for our card gameplay, UI, environments, cities, war scenes and various items. Firstly we are making MVP rough sketches and concept art, after October we begin the rendering. You have to participate in a weekly Art Meeting and a short Friday wrap-up along art tasks. Your duties will be :
- Aiming facilitating consistency for art tasks
- In some cases, you will follow existing detailed concept art, in other cases you will create environments or props from scratch that match the general art direction
- You will be required to create, and quality assure that in-game assets and environments adhere to technical briefs.
- We might ask you to participate in our live streaming events where we show the world our team and game development
- You might have tasks in making icons for the game, such as attack, health, abilities or effects
- You might have tasks in making some of the general user interface in the game
You should know about, sketching, coloring, shadows, composition and anatomy. You need not have many years of experience, but we need someone who is interested in growing in this area.
- Understanding of design and art language
- You can work in a team that includes consultants with limited game development experience
- You know how to give feedback and are open to receive it
- Eagerness to learn and improve
- A portfolio with illustrations that you have made
- You can adapt your art style to that of the game to a certain extent
- Experience with either animations or VFX
It would be nice if you have experience with working with game art before.
- Knowledge of Unity
- Experience making illustrations for card games
- Experience with making icons and UI
- Experience with making concept art
- Inspiration from similar of different games
Planned interview process
We plan to carry out two rounds of online interviews in the end of November we imagine an online interview, potentially on a weekend. Starting date, as soon as possible/ in 2022-2023 Please note we reply as fast as possible, but not always as fast as big corporates and that as we send a lot of mail some might reach your spam folder, so please make sure to check that folder. For more information or questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone number +45 25 72 29 69.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.