Test manager for R&D hardware, Odense, Denmark
Ready to set the direction for a relatively new department and empower your team to deliver high-quality testing?
Technology is moving fast, and we want to be at the forefront - pushing the limits and exceeding customer expectations. You will support this goal by leading verification and validation test activities for our hardware development, linking product requirements to well-documented test activities.
Join the future - join R&D Hardware
You will join a recently created test department within R&D Hardware, which consists of 3 divisions: mechanics, electronics and testing. Your focus will be on product testing for mechanical and electrical components, including fatigue, HALT, durability, TÜV, and climate testing.
With your in-depth knowledge of validation and verification, you will be encouraged to take ownership of developing and implementing test strategies and new processes.
“We have a really open environment, and you’ll experience a high degree of trust. Empowerment is key to the way we work, and therefore you will have complete ownership of your area,” explains Lars, R&D Director Hardware.
Take our testing to the next level
A key responsibility for you will be to develop test strategies and processes that enable your team to succeed and add value to our business.
The team currently consists of 6 engineers with different backgrounds. While you also consult on technical challenges, your main responsibility will be to lead all non-technical parts of our agile development process.
Moreover, you will become the driving force in positioning your team within the R&D organization, strengthening collaboration with other departments and paving the way for new innovations.
In addition, you:
- Ensure test coverage, test execution and product verification
- Prioritize and set goals for your team to ensure progress
- Communicate project statuses and progress to stakeholders across our organization
- Continuously motivate your team, ensuring individual development and employee retention
- Manage resource and capacity planning
- Extensive test and management experience
We are looking for someone who is ready to take the lead - both technically and in terms of management. Your leadership style is open, and you believe in teamwork as the path to success. Knowledge sharing for you is key to development, and with your strong communication skills, you are eager to empower your team to do what they do best.
To succeed, we imagine that:
- You have 5+ years of experience defining and executing test strategies
- You have 5+ years of experience managing a team of specialists
- You bring proven experience with and in-depth knowledge of product and subsystem verification and validation
- You have experience with design specifications, e.g. FMEA, DFM, DFA and/or WCA
- You speak and write English professionally - and it would be a plus if you understand or speak Danish
Ready to apply?
Send your application as soon as possible. We invite candidates in for an interview on a continuous basis.
Join Universal Robots
We are a diverse group of smart, creative people working at the forefront of collaborative robotics. Our robotics arms help our customers improve productivity and profitability and create a safer working environment.
Together, we find innovative solutions to some of the most important manufacturing issues facing businesses today. And we dare to do what others find impossible - working towards making bleeding edge technologies a reality for businesses of all sizes.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.