Technical Services Engineer for our Coffee & Freeze Drying aftermarket support
We offer interesting and challenging tasks, a positive working environment in international teams and opportunities for personal development and growth in a global company.
GEA is one of the largest suppliers for the food and beverage processing industry and a wide range of other process industries. Approximately 18,000 employees in more than 50 countries contribute significantly to GEA’s success – come and join them! We offer interesting and challenging tasks, a positive working environment in international teams and opportunities for personal development and growth in a global company.
Your responsibilities and tasks:
At GEA, we build the machines and high-tech installations to make a wide array of products for tomorrows food and beverages assortments – from instant coffee to freeze-dried strawberries.
Welcome to Customer Lifecycle Support
At our office in Søborg, you will become part of our Customer Lifecycle Support department within the coffee and freeze-drying industry. The installations vary from traditional mechanical equipment to the latest highly automated range, and whenever our customers have issues with our installations, they contact us for support. And this is where you come into the picture.
Take this unique chance to build a global network and gain 18,500 colleagues – all over the world.
Your role and responsibility
- Provide technical day-to-day support and find out if the customer needs help for a replacement, upgrade, modernization, revamping or maybe an audit
- Research on how to solve the issue and reach out to your own team, our technical department, Sales or our Project department to get relevant input
- Make quotations and offers and afterwards present the solution to our customers
- Hand over your work to our Technical department, who are responsible for designing and setting up the actual solution
- Support the development of our aftermarket business
- Coordinate activities within our 1st, 2nd and 3rd level support
Join a skilled team
You will work alongside 3 experienced and dedicated colleagues, who are experts on project management, our installations and spare parts offers. We collaborate closely and share knowledge to increase customer satisfaction and develop our professional skills.
“You will take up a key role as the link between our customers, technical department and project department. That means you will not work hands on with the machines yourself, but make all the loose ends come together,”
explains Tonny Stütz, Head of Customer Lifecycle Support.
Your profile and qualifications:
In this position, you will need your strong problem solving and analytical skills, as you never know what kind of request the customers come up with. Moreover, you have the ability to understand our customers’ needs and make the best solution possible for them.
In addition to this, you:
- Have a background within engineering (mechanics, automation, process engineering or similar)
- Bring experience with service and/or project management
- Have knowledge of the food and beverage industry and its production processes
- Have the flexibility to travel around 20-60 days a year
- Bring solid intercultural competences
- Speak and write English effortlessly – this enables you to explain the solutions you come up with to others, whether it be colleagues or customers as we work in an international environment with English as company language
Moreover, if you bring experience within freeze drying technologies, it will be an advantage.
To apply, please follow the link. Please note that GEA only accepts applications received through the online channel.
Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact Tonny Stütz, Head of Customer Lifecycle Support, Coffee & Freeze Dryers (Global & all regions), at +45 41 74 84 23.
How to apply
Please send your application no later than 15th November 2020 and be aware that we only consider applications received through the link.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Tonny Stütz, +45 41 74 84 23.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.