We are looking for a structured Technical Sales Engineer, with an innovative technical mindset and strong interpersonal skills. You will develop technical deliverables for the commercial department, as well as analyse operational and commercial risks at tender phase, making recommendations and judgments on bid strategy. The position reports to the Head of Sales, taking instruction from and working under the day-to-day supervision of the Technical Sales Manager.
The main day-to-day duties will include:
- Receive tenders, and work with inhouse specialists to identify and evaluate technical contents, costdrivers and risk factors.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Project Department, Vessel Crew, Clients and Suppliers)
- Prepare documents for tender submission including technical qualifications, preliminary method statements, project and operations time schedules, and technical drawings.
- Perform tenderstage engineering such as preliminary vessel positioning, deck layouts and lifting plans, soil review, and earlystage structural assessments of proposed solutions.
- Keep updated with market developments and technical advances within the offshore wind sector to inform potential optimization of SBO’s jack-up vessels.
In due course, the role will also involve a client-facing component such as attending technical client clarification meetings, negotiations and industry conferences. The position will also involve assisting business development efforts, understanding customer service demand, and contribute to the development of SBO’s strategy in the offshore wind installation, O&M and decommissioning sectors.
The position is Copenhagen-based and is a tremendous opportunity for someone interested in furthering a career in the offshore wind sector in a growing company.
The successful candidate will be structured, have strong interpersonal skills with both a creative and practical approach towards business and technical solutions. The preferred profile would include:
- A BSc or MSc in as an Engineer, Naval Architecture, Offshore Engineering or equivalent degree. Any complementary education or training in commercial topics is beneficial.
- Minimum 3 years of experience within Offshore Wind, Oil & Gas or HeavyLift, ideally including offshore / seagoing experience or within offshore project execution.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate technical matters effectively to audiences at all levels.
- Technical reporting experience and drafting knowledge (AutoCAD and Inventor)
- A strong interest for bridging commercial and technical issues, and ability to prioritise by importance and commercial impact.
- English fluency, both written and spoken.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, quickly digest technical information and adapt to business requirements.
Jacob Gregersen, Head of Sales. Office: +45 3246 3100
Job Descriptions will be sent upon identification of suitable candidates.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.