Technical Quality Engineer for manufacturing offshore wind turbine foundations
Would you like to help us ensure the quality, efficiency and continued development of wind power foundations in Denmark and abroad?
Join us and become Technical Quality Engineer in Fabrication Management where you, together with your colleagues in the project, will contribute to the delivery of foundation structures for our offshore wind farms.
We offer an exciting job in an international environment where you’ll have unique opportunities to develop your professional and personal competences while taking part in establishing some of the world’s largest offshore wind farms. You’ll be part of a dynamic department that’s at the forefront of developments within wind energy, and you’ll have the opportunity to spar with dedicated, experienced colleagues.
Your key tasks will be to
- assist the Fabrication Manager in ensuring quality assurance within the foundation fabrication scope
- ensure that the processes needed for the fabrication activities are implemented and maintained according to our quality management system
- advise, assist, support and ensure follow-up for our contractors and the internal fabrication project team members in relation to quality management matters and the implementation of contract quality requirements and the defined quality management system
- provide input for audit programmes facilitated by the internal QA manager
- evaluate and comment on the contractors’ supplier management, e.g. supplier visit and inspection programme, inspection and test plan as well as supplier evaluation.
Moreover, you’ll report systematically to the Fabrication Manager on quality progress as well as on high-priority quality issues across the organisation. You’ll assist in the preparation, maintenance and implementation of the project quality plans as well as ensuring the collection and handling of fabrication documentation such as final as-built documentation for our customers in O&M. Finally, you’ll be responsible for follow-up on and registration of contractor NCRs in our own document handling system.
Your competences include that you
- have a relevant education and/or practical experience within the fabrication of steel components, preferably from the wind industry
- are highly experienced in quality management and have completed relevant quality courses and programmes
- have extensive insights into project processes, preferably from a similar position
- speak and write English fluently – Danish skills are an advantageare outgoing, possess strong communication abilities and excel in working closely with various colleagues, contractors and internal and external partners in international settings.
Furthermore, you have the ability to achieve your goals in negotiation situations, and you have an analytical approach to your tasks and a structured, result-oriented mindset. You’re flexible and adaptable, enabling you to handle your tasks even in a hectic environment.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 30 April 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Susanne Aagaard Klode, Manager of Foundation Fabrication Management, by telephone on +45 9955 7418 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work. All travelling will be to destinations outside Europe, and trips of 1-2 weeks’ duration will therefore be standard. You should expect between 50 and 70 days of travel a year.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.