Technical Project Manager
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
For our Module Management team, which is part of Offshore Loads & Control Department within Technology Development, we are looking for a Technical Project Manager located in either Brande or Copenhagen, Denmark. The team is responsible for the technical and process driven coordination and alignment of research projects within Loads and Control, for both features and for new turbine development and validation.
How to contribute to our vision
Within the context of project management, you will manage projects with the responsibility for successful execution. You will support scoping activities while aligning with both internal and external stakeholders to execute the project within the defined requirements (e.g. planning, budget, time, functionality). You will also ensure business success and satisfaction of the customer and ensure professional stakeholder management. Furthermore, you will be tasked with ensuring timely decisions on open issues, escalating where necessary and supporting Team Leads and Department Heads with resourcing activities.
In the context of engineering, you will manage a network of technical specialists in order to realize customer specific components, systems or solutions. In this position, you will also coordinate the engineering tasks and cooperate with involved regional engineering units, including their interfaces. You will act as an interface to Turbine Platform PM, e.g. responsible for technical risks and opportunities, interface, alignment and project governance activities. Furthermore, you will perform technical risk management.
What you need to make a difference
Passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change. We are also looking for…
- A MSc in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in either Turbine Control Systems and/or Aeroelastic Load Simulations, Design and Validation and/or Turbine Load Certification, with a strong understanding of either or more fields.
- Good technical skills, with an interest in moving from an engineering discipline to project management.
- A detailed understanding of turbine load evaluations or control functionality would be an advantage.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate on a high technical level with team members.
- Proactive and well organized, with the skillset to solve difficult challenges through innovation, dedication and cooperation with a global team.
- The ability to work well in team-oriented projects and maintain solid oversight of projects.
- A desire to make a difference for future wind turbine design and operational capabilities.
- Willing and able to travel internationally on needed occasions.
In return of your commitment we offer you…
Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come. We are a global team of diverse colleagues who share a passion for renewable energy and have a culture of trust and empowerment to make our own ideas a reality. We focus on personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization. Siemens Gamesa offers a wide variety of benefits such as flexible working hours as well as home-office possibility for many colleagues, employer-funded pension, attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable) and local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
Please apply in English via the ANSØG button.
For more information about working in Denmark, please see this link: https://www.siemensgamesa.com/explore/journal/wind-engineers-in-denmark
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.