Technical Documentation Specialist for offshore wind projects
Would you like to take up the challenge of developing, standardising and implementing technical documentation and RDS-PP coding (Reference Designation System for Power Plants) in our wind power projects?
Join us and become our new Technical Documentation Specialist in the Project Information Management department where you’ll work on our offshore asset projects, supporting projects with RDS-PP validation and numbering, as well as driving internal improvement projects and initiatives. You’ll also work with external partners on the development and standardisation of RDS-PP coding in the wind power industry.
The Project Information Management department consists of seven teams, where RDS-PP is integrated in the Technical Project Information, US portfolio. In addition to that the department consist of Digitalisation & Business Applications, Business Excellence, Commercial Project Information and two other Technical Project Information teams (UK and EU & APAC portfolios).
Your key tasks will be to
- plan, coordinate, facilitate and follow up on technical documentation structure workshops with our asset projects
- validate structure and RDS-PP coding
- run training sessions, maintain and develop training and communication material and promote the use of technical documentation systems and structure
- provide support to and participate in our external network with key suppliers and utilities within the wind power industry
- ensure that our baseline for technical documentation is updated and communicated in-house and to our contractors.
Working closely together with colleagues in Asset Projects, the Operations team, the Commercial Project Information and the Technical Project Information teams, you’ll develop the documentation baseline and drive subject-matter expert networks for RDS-PP coding across Offshore.
Your competences include that you
- have a relevant technical background as an engineer or a BSc in marine engineering. An electrical background is an advantage, and some experience from within the wind power industry is preferable, but not required
- have previously worked with technical documentation and RDS-PP coding or other industrial numbering standards. Alternatively, you’re motivated by and have a flair for systems and structure and would like to develop your competences within this field.
Some experience with project management is preferable as well as a good understanding of process optimisation and standardisation. As we operate in an international environment, it’s essential that you speak and write English fluently.
The majority of your tasks will be carried out in close cooperation with your colleagues across projects and departments in offshore, so you must be outgoing and enjoy working in teams. You also have good facilitation skills, and you’re used to running workshops and meetings with many participants and ensuring structure, progress and follow-up on actions in a very busy environment with many stakeholders.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 30 September 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jens Bjerre-Christensen, Manager of Technical Information Projects, US Portfolio by telephone on +45 99 55 61 90 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.