We invite you to bring your Management skills into play when working with the best talents within Signalling Design and Consultancy in Denmark. Do you want to ensure an efficient railway for a more sustainable society and does collaboration, challenging projects and processes appeal to you? Then Rambøll is the place to be! Are you our new Team Lead for Signalling Design and Consulting? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Signalling department within Rail
As our new Team Lead for Signalling Design and Consulting in our Signalling Department you will manage approx. 14 highly talented professionals and be part of our very successfully Rail division.
You will be a very valuable Lead team member in our Signalling department – one of five departments in the Rail division, placed at Ramboll headquarters in Copenhagen. Here you will be part of a professional, strong and committed Rail business community with 350 people, including a strong signalling environment with more than 120 Traffic and Signalling Engineers working across Ramboll.
In the Signalling department we are currently heavily involved in the Danish Signalling Programme and other large, and complex signalling projects in the Nordic countries. As well we continuously have several projects, and assignments both locally and internationally - with focus on relay based signalling systems, fully electronic systems, ERTMS Level 2/ETCS systems, and signalling systems for modern metro and light rail transport systems.
We thrive on challenging tasks and have a high-performance culture where we eagerly share knowledge and help each other and our clients succeeding.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Manage the day-to-day activities in the team, including long term planning ensuring delegation, workload distribution and efficient utilisation of resources
- Manage own projects and coordinating with clients, projects and managers to ensure the delivery and quality of projects and services
- Follow up and generate and shares reports about team performance, mission-related objectives, and deadlines
- Ensure training and development of the team including knowledge sharing of new trends and best practices
- Assists management with identifying recruitment needs, hiring process and onboarding
- Contribute and participate in departmental management to ensure continued development of the department and provided services
- Support bids and manage proposal inputs, including scope clarification, man-hour and cost estimation
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point would be:
- An engineering degree within IT, electronics or automation
- A background in project management with min. 8 years of experience working with engineering projects in a complex organisation
- Practical experience optimizing and working with engineering and engineering processes
- Experience from a leadership role and, preferably, with people management
- Superior skills in Danish and English.
- Experience from the rail sector and signalling work is valuable in the job but not a prerequisite.
As a person you are outgoing with a collaborative and result oriented mindset. You have a structured and proactive approach to your work, and the ability to manage and oversee many tasks in parallel. You have proven experience in providing technical expertise in all project stages, and excellent communication skills (written and oral), with proven leadership abilities through working collaboratively with teams, peers and clients. You thrive in an international environment and appreciate working in an informal working environment, where you have a considerable influence on your own working day.
Welcome to our Transport division
Ramboll is a global transportation consultancy and we work on some of the biggest and most innovative infrastructure projects in the world. We are close to 3,000 bright minds working within Transport worldwide, creating practical, sustainable and economic solutions for national transport authorities, private contractors and municipalities alike.
Ramboll in Denmark
Ramboll is the leading engineering, design and consultancy company in Denmark and has more than 3,500 experts working across 13 offices applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions in markets as diverse as Buildings, Transport, Planning and Urban Design, Water, Environment and Health, Energy and Management Consulting. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.
Deadline: May 1st, 2019.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.