About the Position
Offshore Supplier Quality - Electrical department has the overall responsibility for qualifying new suppliers and securing that all qualified suppliers consistently meet Siemens Gamesa’s system and product requirements as well as corporate responsibilities.
Aiming to strengthen our team we are looking for an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer to drive our supplier qualification activities, manage performance and continuously improve our supplier base.
What are my responsibilities?
- Drive the qualification of new and current suppliers, in accordance with Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy internal procedures
- Primarily responsible for performing supplier Product and Process qualification through PPAP (APQP) approach
- Execute supplier System qualification in accordance to International standards and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy internal procedures.
- Handle supplier related Non-Conformances (NCRs) and derive solutions using structured problem-solving methods (8D, etc.)
- Initiate and implement strategies to enable the development of suppliers, improving their competences and overall quality performance
- Ensure that quality assurance plans are in place for all new product developments
- Participate in interdisciplinary and cross-functional workgroups as Supplier Quality representative. (E.g. Commodity team meetings, Product Development reviews, Factory Quality reviews, Project/Service forums)
- Support the cross-regional alignment by regularly sharing lessons learned across the different regional teams
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering (Electrical Engineering is preferred) or an equivalent professional background, combined with 3-5 years of professional experience within supplier quality from an international company
- Product and Process auditing experience is mandatory. Candidates with sound PPAP knowledge will be preferred
- Management system auditing experience with ISO 9001 or similar is required and candidates with a Lead Auditor examination will be preferred
- Furthermore, certification in Six Sigma, Lean and VDA 6.3 is an advantage
- You have previous quality related experience with Electrical components (examples: converters, control systems, cables, transformers, switchgears) and good knowledge of the manufacturing/assembly related processes
- You hold a Technical background and able to understand drawings and specifications as well related EN/ISO standards
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills and are capable of interfacing with numerous parties at all levels in a multicultural environment.
- You possess excellent English (both orally and written) and IT skills, including SAP, MS office applications, etc.
Please note that you should expect approx. 40-90 travel days per year.
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
Apply online in English for the job via the "Ansøg" link
Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
If you have specific questions about the position, please contact the hiring manager Arul Kumar Shanmugam via phone +45 5167 3294
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for application: as soon as possible
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.