We are looking for a superintendent engineer for our two Stroke Operation department in Copenhagen. Our new employee will be part of a department of approx. 80 colleagues working closely with a team with 10 dedicated colleagues.
The Operation department holds a central position in our Engineering and R&D structure. The department is central in reporting into the organisation from attendance on-board vessels and power plants, and cooperating with ship operators and our licensees.
The position for which we are looking for candidates involves general follow up work on our newest generation of engines, coordination and handling of service test, as well as participation in various projects in house.
You will have a unique chance of being part of the development of the 2-stroke engines of the future, securing cleaner emissions and ensuring environment improved propulsion for the merchant navy.
The position consists of tasks both in the office, as well as some travel activity, mainly in EU but also world-wide up to 100 days per year, and some working time outside normal working hours must be expected.
As superintendent Engineer, your main focus is to coordinate and execute engine inspections and overhaul including:
- Coordination, installation & follow up on service test of new designed components in cooperation with our R&D department
- Troubleshooting on warranty cases
- General follow up on engine service performance
- Participation in meetings with ship owners/operators, licensees
- Analyzing wear and service data and prepare overview
- Solid knowledge of MAN B&W Two-Stroke engines, sailing experience is an advantage
- Fluent in Danish & English
- Experience with MS office
- Knowledge to SAP is an advantage
- Good organizational skills
- Co-operative and physically fit
- Independent and responsible
- Driver license to car
Your new team
You will be working in a team of 10 colleagues specializing on cylinder combustion chamber wear parts and cylinder lubrication, and you will be working in close cooperation with our R&D department within these areas.
Our task is among others to arrange service test of new components, install them and carry out follow up visits. Handling of warranty correspondence is also part of our daily tasks, assisting owners/operators and licensees.
We work together as a team, discussing difficult cases over the tables in the office, and securing internal coordination of jobs coming up.
MAN in Copenhagen
We are approx. 1,400 colleagues at the Danish headquarters, located next to the water in the area of Sydhavn (South Harbor) in Copenhagen. You will find our R&D center here, full of top-class technical capabilities for the development of innovative engines for ships and power plants across the globe. In the field of two-stroke engines, we are the world’s leading knowledge center by far. We also have our largest after-sales service center (PrimeServ) here in Copenhagen, as well as our large IT department and a wide range of staff functions.
MAN of course offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, including:
- Critical illness insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Massage scheme
- Good canteen
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility to give better home/work life balance
Application and contact
Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Apply” and attach CV, an application letter and relevant documents. The application deadline is Sunday, 25. August 2019.
We’ll conduct interviews during the application period.
If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact Manager, Jesper Mark Pedersen by phone on +45 3032 5062.
More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder