Our department is responsible for Data Analytics for MAN Energy Solutions’s global After Sales. We are located in the Copenhagen headquarter and represent an innovative center of business intelligence. We supply our global organization with crucial information, applications and analytical data, all to which help steer, run and develop the unique “machine” that is the MAN Energy Solutions business.
We are currently looking for a skilled and motivated candidate that has a good understanding of different Business Intelligence applications, especially knowledge of (SQL) databases and PowerBI. As we are always looking for new ways and tools to improve our set up, plenty of possibilities of bringing yourself in with new ideas are given. The student job also offers a lot of room for trying out new things within the field of Data Science, while sometimes even being the driver to develop new tools and analyses that create value for our company.
The key area for this job will be to help us with creation and improvement of PowerBI reports and the alignment of their content with Business from our global headquarters and offices around the world. This includes also daily tasks within our SQL environment and ad-hoc tasks for other analyses, which provides you a great possibility to dig into our well-established data warehouse environment. The tasks are typically distributed with 30% data warehouse/database work, 20% data science tasks and 50% BI tasks.
- SQL, PowerBI and cube ad-hoc tasks
- Doing analysis based on Microsoft SQL Server databases and Microsoft Analysis Services cubes. Technologies include: DW, SSIS, SSRS, OLAP.
- Supporting business users from around the world or other fellow business intelligence analysts with issues, questions and requests
- Collecting data from multiple sources and creating actionable analysis for end users, management and even up to top management.
- Helping users to understand the data by discovering business insights from the relevant results.
- You have good knowledge of SQL language and databases in general.
- You maybe also have some programming experience, preferably C#, Python, R or VB for applications.
- You are an independent, motivated learner and a collaborative team player.
- Experience with Power BI would be a great advantage, however, extensive experience with Excel (Formula, Pivot, Power Query) could be a possible base for getting started
- Interest in data visualisatation in close cooperation with our internal business users
- You are expected to work between 15-20 hours per week.
- You should only apply for this student job, if you are currently enrolled at a university close to Copenhagen.
What we can offer you:
- Unique work experience and reference from a top employer
- A high degree of freedom and responsibility in your work area
- A young, international and professional environment filled with energy
- A possible work employment until the end of your studies
- An above-average student salary
If you are interested in the position described, then enter your CV and a cover letter no later than 21 July via the link provided.
If you have any questions regarding the position, feel free to contact Oliver Mühlich, Head of Data Analytics department under +45 2917 0446 or firstname.lastname@example.org.