STUDENT SUMMER JOB FOR COWI: CIVIL STRUCTURE
Do you want hands-on experience before you graduate? Do you want to contribute to the way we work with sustainable urban development?
Do you want hands-on experience before you graduate? Do you want to contribute to the way we work with sustainable urban development? Do you want to expand your network to include professionals and talented students across the Nordics and UK? Then join us to take your career to the next level.
JOIN OUR CIVIL STRUCTURE DEPARTMENT IN MALMÖ
Within our department Civil structures, we are 75 engineers with mixed experience and age. Our employees are based in our offices in Stockholm, Gothenburg and Malmö and work primarily on new construction and maintenance of bridges, tunnels and marine structures. A large part of our projects is also carried out across borders along with other COWI units both nationally and internationally. In order to take advantage of the world-leading knowledge that COWI possesses in the area.
DESIGN THE FUTURE WITH A GLOBAL TEAM OF EXPERTS
In this position you will join our global team of experts and will spend the majority of your time creating value for our business as an assistant on one or more of our projects. You can expect to be working with:
- Modelling in 2D and 3D, Auto CAD and Revit, in available projects
- Development of our way of work within the department
- Basic calculations depending on available projects
When you are not contributing to one of our ongoing projects, you will work on the COWI Try Innovation project, where your ideas will help us develop solutions for one of our sustainable urban development projects. You can expect to:
- Gain interdisciplinary project experience
- Build unique and sought-after knowledge about the future solutions for more efficient and sustainable urban development
- Build relationships in both Norway, Denmark, Sweden and the United Kingdom with talented students and COWI employees
Join the COWI Try Summer job programme and try out life in an international engineering company. Over the course of six weeks you will not only get hands-on experience from working on our projects. You will also take part in our global COWI Try innovation project. Along with your team, you will work across borders and disciplines to develop creative new solutions for one of our prestigious projects. This will boost your project management and collaboration skills and add valuable connections to your network that can last you a lifetime.
Learn more about COWI Try at www.cowi.se/jobba-paa-cowi/cowi-try
YOUR SKILLS. OUR TEAM. TOGETHER WE DESIGN THE FUTURE
Your skills are the key to our success. Working across borders and disciplines, we share knowledge and build strong relationships with colleagues and customers. You contribute with your expertise and get to learn from the best.
To succeed in this position, we believe that you should be a team player with strong written and verbal communication skills both in Swedish and English.
Furthermore, you should:
- Be a master's student in your first year or a bachelor's student in your second or final year, with the intention to continuing your studies after the summer
- Specialise your studies towards Civil Structures or you should have an interest within this area
- Be capable of working independently and as part of a team
- aspire to become one of the best consulting engineers within your area of expertise
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
Please call our Vice President in Civil Structure department, Sven-Erik Svensson on mobile +46 706 40 24 04.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the link below and tell us why you are the right person for this role. We look forward to receiving your CV and cover letter no later than 31 March 2020 as recruitment process is ongoing.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.