Solution Architect to Product Information Management (PIM)
At the VELUX Group, we give you the chance to grow. To shape your own career. To work in an international environment. To be part of a company that leads the market in sustainable indoor living. We offer you a world of opportunities - if you have the ability and the drive to take them. Discover more at velux.com/career or velux.dk/karriere
Do you want to take part in the design and further development of our Product Information Management (PIM) solution in one of the leading PIM applications - STEP?
We are following an ambitious digital agenda and offer a unique opportunity to become a key player on our journey to explore PIM and fully utilise what it has to offer.
You will join our newly established PIM team, part of Global Product Management, at VELUX head office in Hørsholm. So far, our team consists of two PIM subject matter experts and the Global Business Manager for PIM, whom you will refer to. Your main responsibility will be to drive the solution design and follow through on the development of the VELUX PIM solution while our skilled offshore team handles the hands-on building according to the design. In the process, you will cooperate with a great variety of stakeholders, including many of our sales companies, Global Product Management, IT, E-business and Commercial Development.
”One of your key challenges will be to bridge business and technology - and meet the expectations of the many stakeholders with respect to materialising the benefits of PIM and thereby maintaining the enthusiasm for the VELUX PIM solution,” explains Steen Fleck, Global Business Manager - PIM.
Specifically, you will:
- Collaborate with our Global Business Manager to develop the overall strategic direction, functionality and road map for the PIM solution – where do we go from here?
- Define, design and drive new solution developments
- Continuously gather and prioritise business requirements
- Ensure that the solution remains relevant and brings value to our business
- Be the go-to person for answering PIM solution questions and a trusted partner for our many stakeholders across the world
You can expect 10-20 days of travelling per year where you gain additional insight into our global business.
You are outgoing and eager to learn and improve your skills. You enjoy unifying business and IT, and you can present your arguments and communicate technical topics in an understandable and compelling way to get things rolling and establish a common ground for taking action. You work in a structured way and like challenges of major complexity and with a high variety of dependencies.
- You hold a degree in business or technology/IT, e.g. Business Administration and Information Systems or similar with an excellent academic track record
- You have 2+ years of experience, e.g. with IT roll-outs, implementations, system requirements gathering and design work
- You have a profound understanding of business as well as technology and IT
- You communicate effortlessly in English in both speech and writing
- We consider it to be an advantage if you have been studying abroad or have some international and intercultural skills, experiences and interests
“If you have previously worked with PIM or solution architecture, we will catch you up from your current level - if it’s fairly new to you, I will tailor a training programme to your needs to ensure a solid understanding of the fundamentals before we build the VELUX specific knowledge on top,” ensures Steen Fleck.
We want PIM to make a true impact on our business. PIM started as a project but has been established as a permanent part of the VELUX Group as we see it as the future way of governing the creation, maintenance and sharing of our product information.
”You will get a unique chance to show your entrepreneurial spirit in a solid environment with support from competent colleagues - and the combination of a steep learning curve, great responsibility and high ambition will give you ample opportunity for professional and personal growth,” finishes Steen Fleck.
Application and contact
If you would like to know more about this opportunity and the VELUX Group, please feel free to contact Steen Fleck, Global Business Manager - PIM, by telephone +45 2491 6279. (Best between 13:00-15:00 on Fridays).
We look forward to receiving your application, academic records and CV as soon as possible. We are reviewing incoming applications and inviting for interviews on an ongoing basis.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.