Site Manager for Engineering Support - China
MAN Energy Solutions is looking for a person with strong management skills and a commercial mind set
We support our licensees - the engine manufacturers - with the production of the engines and later on we support during the final engine running test including sea trials. We give support to yards and the end users (ship owners) to maintain our high recognition in the market as reliable and a quality brand and as trustworthy partner.
As a site manager you will lead the function “Engineering Support China” functionally and disciplinary. Engineering Support China manages in total 35 employees. 3 local managers placed geographically in the North Group and South Group China government shipbuilding groups. 32 very qualified supervisors and superintendents (all local) handle the daily technical support from 8 different site offices across China.
You will be responsible for managing and providing the best possible support to our licensees producing our Two‑stroke engines and our Four‑stroke small-bore engines.
You will pro-actively support the relations to our key partners in China (shipyards, ship owners, Licensees). You will arrange or participate in technical meetings/visits/communications with key customers on a high level in China. Finally you will sell in the new Engine Technologies to the Chinese Market in close cooperation with our Promotion team.
You will report feedback to our Head Quarters in Copenhagen and Holeby and you will refer to the Head of Production Support in Copenhagen.
- Technical education as Marine, Mechanical or Electrical engineer is required.
- Documented experience within Management and/or Leadership
- Strong commercial understanding, drive and mind-set
- Experience in cooperation with companies in Asia will also be an advantage.
- Communicative skills (English) and social skills on high level
- Superior inter-cultural understanding
- A position as manager in an international company
- An interesting and challenging job
- A job with an extensive interface to stakeholders on all levels
- Good personal and professional development opportunities
- Salary based on qualifications, pension scheme, health insurance
- Shanghai, China
If you would like to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Head of Production Support Mr. Henrik Møller Hansen +45 2174 0884.
Deadline for sending an application: 1 of July 2019
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.