Become our new technical promotion expert
Do you possess extensive technical insights in ships, propulsion engines, auxiliaries and propeller systems? Are you able to turn these technical insights into recommendations and do you know how to direct your communication to different stakeholders? Then you are the one we are looking for.
An outgoing technical expert with good communication skills
We are looking for an outgoing technical expert with good communication skills and high drive with a passion for helping customers and stakeholders in the maritime business with technical information about MAN Energy Solutions 2-stroke engines and their integration into the ship.
Your job will consist of a combination of the roles as our local expert in ships design distributing your knowledge and analysis to other team members locally and worldwide, as well as being responsible for promotion in your own designated territories in cooperation with the local staff.
More specifically, you will use your technical knowledge and good communicative skills to:
- Communicate with clients over the phone and face-to-face, to provide technical clarification and well-founded arguments on why our technology is the right choice. Inspire potential clients to seek us out in the future
- Develop an understanding of the clients, their business, current projects and potential needs in the future in your assisted territories
- Assist and train colleagues across our worldwide organization with technical and commercial information about our products and their optimal configuration and application
- Collect and provide technical content for our marketing department – incl. helping them understand our technology and market needs
- Conduct technical and commercial presentations at seminars, events and meetings
You will meet regularly client and colleagues worldwide. Therefore, you will travel around 30-50 days per year.
Solid technical knowledge and communicative background
As one of our foremost technical experts and advisors, you must be able to explain complex technology clearly too colleagues and clients. You have excellent communication skills and understand how to direct your communication to the different stakeholders both internally and externally, and never give promises that you cannot keep – and always make sure that your information is correct and up to day. Furthermore, you can quickly comprehend our business at both a technical and commercial level.
- Hold a degree in mechanical engineering, marine engineering, naval architect or similar
- Have 5+ experience as e.g. a design engineer in a maritime design organization, a new building manager, a shipbuilding consultant or a technical manager
- You are acquainted with marine propulsion systems
- Are fluent in English in both speech and writing
Your new team
At our office in Copenhagen, you will get experienced and knowledgeable colleagues who enjoy collaboration and exchanging knowledge and, most importantly, share a passion for the maritime, technology and engineering.
You will join a team of 8 highly motivated technical promoters with who you will be sparing and sharing your fields of expertise with the common goal of assisting our customers as well as our worldwide promotion organisation
MAN in Denmark
We are approx. 2.100 employees in Denmark. 1.400 colleagues are located at the Danish headquarters located next to the water in the area of Sydhavn (South Harbor) in Copenhagen. You’ll find our R&D center here, full of top-class technical capabilities for the development of innovative engines for ships and power plants across the globe. In the field of two-stroke engines, we are the world’s leading knowledge center by far. We also have our largest after-sales service center (PrimeServ) here in Copenhagen, as well as our large IT department and a wide range of staff functions.
MAN of course offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, including:
- Critical illness insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Massage scheme
- Good canteen
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility so your work and home life can fit together
Application and contact
Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Apply” and attach CV, an application letter and relevant documents. The application deadline is Monday the 14th of September 2020.
We will conduct interviews during the application period.
If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact Thomas Storgaard Hansen by phone on +45 3385 1723.
More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.