Senior Scientist with a background in microbiology and the human microbiome
This is an interesting position and an exciting opportunity to play a pivotal role in the development of next generation probiotic and therapeutic bacteria to improve food and health by building a strong portfolio of scientific data to support our commercial probiotic business. The work is varied, with both evolving needs and fast growth, and involves both early stage research, as well as providing scientific support to our customers and commercial development team.
Your role and responsibilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will be to:
- Drive Human Health & Microbiome Innovation projects in key or strategic focus areas and generate and use data across experiments and studies.
- Interact with and support across departments with internal stakeholders and externally with clients or at scientific conferences.
- This role is both lab- and office-based, and you will valorise research through IP generation, product innovation, and publications.
The ideal candidate holds a PhD in Microbiology or related discipline and has at least 3-5 years’ postdoctoral experience. Further, it is essential that you have a strong understanding of the human microbiome and comprehensive knowledge of probiotics and live biotherapeutics, including their modes of action.
- Must have hands-on lab experience and can grow and maintain fastidious microbes in pure culture.
- Enjoy working in the lab, are practically orientated, and able to design lab-based experiments, as well as develop new methods and SOPs.
- Have the ability and willingness to drive own projects, take on new tasks, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Have a strong scientific track record, preferably with a publication record in peer-reviewed journals or patents, in a relevant field.
- Have great people skills and you enjoy working as part of a team and engaging with and conveying information to a variety of stakeholders (scientists, customers, commercial development, etc.).
- Have excellent spoken and written English skills.
- Ideally have experience working in commercially-orientated or applied science and are familiar with GMP and developing probiotics or live biotherapeutics as products.
You will join a team of dedicated colleagues in Screening and will have the opportunity to work in close collaboration with the Process, Discovery, and Clinical Development departments in Human Health & Microbiome Innovation. You will be based in Hørsholm (near Copenhagen) and will report to the Screening Department Manager.
If you have any questions related to this position, please contact Gemma Henderson at e-mail: email@example.com.
The application deadline is March 10th, 2019.
Read more about a career at Chr. Hansen here.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.