Niko is looking for a Senior Project Manager to our R&D Team dealing with future lighting control and building automation
Niko is an international family owned company providing beautiful and well-designed, intuitive and user-friendly controls to make people’s homes work better. Inspired? Then you might want to join the family!
We are currently looking for an experienced, proactive and solution-oriented Project Manager to join our R&D Team at Niko Nordics in Sønderborg, to further strengthen our project management of product developments within lighting control, sensors and detectors.
As Project Manager, your main responsibility is to manage and accomplish projects according to our New Product Introduction model across the group. You will ensure that projects are implemented as effectively as possible and with a well-functioning project team. You will participate in the idea phases of estimation and realization of future product projects and secure that new products meet the requirements and are ready to be launched on the market according to plan and budget. Your key responsibilities will be:
- Management of New Product Introduction projects
- Definition and specification of projects in cooperation with the team
- Setting and following up on project budgets
- Ongoing risk assessment and problem solving
- Gathering, preparation and consolidation of time schedules
- Reporting and communication to management and other stakeholders
- Facilitate project meetings and ensure cooperation in the project team
- In alignment and agreement with R&D Manager and relevant line managers secure co-operation agreements with external consultants
- Contribute to current improvements of our New Product Introduction model and related processes
Your working base will be in Sønderborg, and you will be part of an experienced and skilled R&D Team. You will also collaborate with various people both internally in the organization and externally. You will refer to the R&D Manager Nordic at Niko Nordics in Sønderborg. Moreover, you must be willing to do short business trips mainly in Europe 1-2 times a month.
Background and skills
For this position, you hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in mechatronics, alternatively electronics or software. We expect you to have +5 years of experience with project management from a similar position, preferably from a technical manufacturing company. You possess the following competencies:
- Proven project management skills
- Experience managing multidisciplinary and complex projects (including hardware, embedded software, app, cloud, mechanics, etc.)
- Certified PRINCE2, PMI or similar
- Experience working with SCRUM or the agile approach
- Risk assessments and able to impart these to relevant stakeholders
- Strong business acumen
- Stakeholder management
- Experience working in a matrix organization
- Experience with cross-organizational cooperation
- Excellent collaboration, communication and interpersonal skills
On a personal level, you are passionate about your field and always up to date in terms of new technology, market development, customers and competitors in the market. You are proactive, persistent and have clout to secure progress in a project. With your action-oriented approach, you are able to make timely decisions – alone and/or in close cooperation with your colleagues, but always with the business and commercial interest in mind. In continuation hereof, you have the ability to engage with many different people both internally in the organization and externally. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
If you have questions or would like to know more about this position, please contact Søren Kamp Mortensen from Zubstanz at + 45 2548 8050 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
We make buildings work better for you!
Niko is a family owned company based in Sint-Niklaas, Belgium. Niko designs and produces switching material, lighting control and home automation. Our solutions minimize energy consumption and improve user comfort. Niko Group employs more than 600 people in 10 countries. Niko Nordic in Sønderborg, Denmark, is competence centre for detectors and handles sales and distribution of Nikos product range in Denmark, Sweden and Norway.
A good place to work
At Niko you get the opportunity to unfold and stimulate your skills in a highly technological and innovative environment. We aim at having a good and inspiring work environment where you can both use and develop your knowledge and talents. We do believe that dedicated employees are the fundament for the continued growth and development of Niko.