We are seeking a Senior Project Engineer, with a rigorous attention to detail and structured approach. The engineer will deliver engineering support to offshore wind foundation and WTG installation projects. The SPE will be responsible for mobilisation engineering, safe and proper installation of upgrades or project specific modifications, and in-project workflow execution and optimisation.
The main day-to-day duties will include:
- Prepare load plans, drawings and deck layouts for tenders and through project execution.
- Project preparation, feasibility studies, pre-design, stability and risk analysis.
- Ensure project requirements, timelines and budgets are met in accordance with scope of work.
- Participate in project meetings and execution on site.
- Support R&D studies for vessel updates, develop associated budgets and risk analysis.
- Advise on selection of manufacturer and define work scope for custom engineered offshore projects, including steel or other fabrication requirements.
- Ensure scopes are managed correctly in accordance with Class, statutory requirements, relevant legislations as well as guidelines and instructions from parent company, Swire Pacific Offshore.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Project Department, Sales Department, Vessel Crew, Clients and Suppliers)
SBO is currently making the transition from marine services provider to deliverer of turnkey T&I construction projects. Therefore, this role provides an exciting opportunity to shape a small, but dynamically growing engineering department during a new phase of development. Moreover, as wind turbines are growing from 8 to 12 MW, SBO’s two industry-leading jack-ups will require optimisation to remain at the forefront of the sector. Thus, the Project Engineer will have the exciting opportunity to advise and propose technical efficiencies in upgrade forums.
The position is Copenhagen-based and is a tremendous opportunity for a Project Engineer interested in furthering a career in the offshore wind sector in a growing company.
As SBO is scaling up to deliver more complex services, an experienced Project Engineer with over 5 years offshore wind, oil and gas or marine construction experience is preferred. The successful candidate will be structured and disciplined, with an innovative approach towards project execution.
The preferred profile would include:
- A BSc or MSc in Naval Architecture, Offshore Engineering or equivalent degree.
- Minimum 5 years of experience within Offshore Wind, Oil & Gas or Heavy-Lift preferred, ideally including offshore / seagoing experience or within offshore project execution.
- Technical reporting experience and drafting knowledge (AutoCAD, Inventor and 3D modelling)
- A natural capability for bridging issues between departments, and ability to prioritise by importance, risk and commercial impact.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate technical matters effectively to audiences at all levels
- English fluency, both written and spoken.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.