Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Imagine a future where you’re involved in complex geotechnical engineering for the development of offshore wind farms on a global scale.
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for delivering high-quality site characterisations and engineering soil properties for facility design, installation assessments, power cable engineering, and more. You’ll be deeply involved in scoping, analysing, and interpreting geotechnical in situ and laboratory test results as well as working with exciting R&D projects.
Welcome to Geotechnical Site Assessment
You’ll be part of our Geotechnical Site Assessment team where you’ll be working in close collaboration with many talented engineers from around the world, who are passionate about their work and enjoy working together as a team. We offer exciting opportunities for you to strengthen your skills in soil mechanics and site characterisations and also challenging the status quo and pushing developments within applied offshore geotechnics forward.
You’ll play an important role in:
- providing senior geotechnical support to our offshore wind projects and working closely together with other geotechnical engineers, geologists, and geophysicists to ensure high-quality and state-of-the-art deliverables
- scoping, analysing, and interpreting large geotechnical datasets and test results for providing high-quality site characterisations and engineering soil properties for facility design and installation assessments at our offshore wind farm sites
- reporting the engineering soil properties in a detailed, transparent, and consistent way for obtaining certification and regulatory approval
- assisting in preparing technical development roadmaps for ensuring continuous improvement of our geotechnical deliverables
- maturing and executing several R&D initiatives for developing new ground investigation techniques and interpretation methods within soil and rock mechanics
- engaging with site investigation contractors and other parts of our supply chain.
To succeed in this role, you:
- have a master’s or PhD degree in geotechnical engineering or equivalent
- have several years of experience in site characterisation and analyses of in situ and laboratory testing results
- have experience with both soil and rock mechanics
- have a high degree of personal responsibility and accountability and are able to work with different tasks in parallel
- have a results-oriented approach to your work and show initiative and drive to ensure that things you’re responsible for are moving forward
- have strong communication skills and speak and write English fluently.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 16 August 2020.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Kris Wessel Andersen, Head of Geotechnical Site Assessment, by telephone on +45 99 55 10 71 if you’d like to know more about the position. Please note that Kris will be on holiday in the period 13 July to 2 August and thus limited availability should be expected in that period.
You should expect to travel occasionally both domestically and internationally in relation to your work.
For the UK, please contact email@example.com if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.