Senior EPC Director for offshore wind projects in Germany
Would you like to manage one of the most ambitious offshore wind farm projects in the world?
Join us and become Senior EPC Director in our EPC Directors department where you’ll be responsible for leading one of our offshore wind farm projects together with the Programme Director. The EPC Directors department manages the execution of offshore wind farm projects in our Offshore business unit, from early maturation stages through wind farm construction until transfer to operations.
Your key tasks will be to
- manage the project scope, schedule, cost and resources within your project
- secure the quality of deliverables from teams within your project
- ensure an excellent QHSE performance for your project
- manage project risks
- manage project stakeholders.
Moreover, you’ll have the overall responsibility for the entire scope of the offshore wind farm turnkey project and project management supporting activities.
Your competences include that you
- have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering as well as a solid technical understanding of and relevant experience from the offshore industry
- have solid experience from a similar position as EPC Director and have gained hands-on experience with all phases of the execution and construction of large CAPEX projects
- have experience in managing complex contracts to be able to support project teams in challenging situations
- have in-depth knowledge of international project management standards such as PMI, IPMA or PRINCE2, as well as experience with stage-gate divided project execution
- have significant leadership and team management experience from large, complex infrastructure projects, preferably from a strong matrix organisation, have business acumen and understand the key drivers and levers that influence business performance.
In addition, you’re a strong leader of leaders and capable of supporting and developing your team, as well as a strong communicator, who is excellent at explaining complex matters in a simple way. You’re capable of managing change and are constantly looking to challenge the norms to do things better. Moreover, you have the ability to see the bigger picture, yet you understand the importance of minding the details. You can handle numerous tasks simultaneously without losing perspective, and you thrive in a hectic, multi-cultural project organisation.
Furthermore, you speak and write English fluently, as we operate in an international environment and cooperate closely with our colleagues globally. Fluency in German will be considered an advantage. Understanding of the German framework for offshore wind execution, i.e. BSH regulations, German specific certification requirements, etc., will also be beneficial.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 20 October 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jan Thomsen, Vice President of EPC & Construction Management by email on EPC_and_Constr_Mgmt@orsted.dk if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.