Senior Engineer for subsea cable design and installation
Do you want to support our geotechnical engineering team and be part of developing our offshore wind farms globally?
Join us and become Senior Subsea Cables Engineer within the Geotechnical Engineering department where you, along with your colleagues, will be responsible for design and installation considerations relating to site assessment, route design, cable burial risk assessment and trench installation assessment for our inter-array and export cable routes globally. The team also provides expert advice during OFTO transactions (UK) and cable regulation requirements for our European projects.
We offer an opportunity to work within our in-house engineering organisation which enables you to work on projects from the early feasibility phase, through to design, and all the way into the execution and operations phases. Being part of the full life cycle of building an offshore wind farm is unique and having this experience contributes to us being best in class.
Your key tasks will be to
- take ownership of and responsibility for projects and for communicating with installation contractors, engineering consultancies, installation managers and internal geoscience teams
- manage large databases of geotechnical, geophysical and installation data, including developing bespoke analytical and plotting tools for interpreting the data
- make probabilistic analyses to quantify as-built risk using Cable Burial Risk Assessment (CBRA) guidance to define burial requirements
- develop in-house tools for the prediction of jetting, plough and mechanical cutting performance, including the development and maintenance of cable installation tool database to enable the accurate prediction of tool performance for future projects
- develop and maintain the design basis to support cable route design and engineering
- support cable installation managers throughout construction as well as the interface between the Subsea Cables and OFTO team to agree on burial depth requirements and risk profiles.
Your competences include that you
- have a master’s or a PhD degree in engineering, preferably from a geoscience discipline, civil engineering or equivalent
- have substantial relevant experience, preferably within offshore cable or pipeline engineering works
- possess excellent leadership and communication skills, enabling you to communicate in a confident and clear way to both peers and superiors
- have a good understanding of programming, databases and GIS software
- thrive in an international environment
- speak and write English fluently.
Join a global leader in green energy
Imagine a future where you power your career while creating a world that runs entirely on green energy. Ørsted has been ranked the world’s most sustainable company and is a global leader in offshore wind energy. With a market share of 30%, we’re not only transforming the way the world is powered – we’re leading the global green energy transition.
To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. You’ll experience a collaborative, diverse and dynamic work environment where you learn from the best and get to work on challenging projects that will ignite your potential and unleash your talent.
An inclusive culture
At Ørsted, we believe that talent is diverse by nature. You’ll experience an inclusive culture that embraces diversity in thought and experience to solve challenges. And you’ll be valued for the unique contribution you make – and for being yourself.
For the UK, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org If you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 20 April 2020, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Laurence Cross, Lead Specialist, by telephone on +44 7825 016657 if you’d like to know more about the position.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
You should expect to travel overseas approximately once or twice every month in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder