Senior Conceptual Cost Manager - manage costs for new products
Are you driven by working with product development? Do you want to use your commercial and technology knowledge to optimize costs and help shape the future of audio technology?
As Senior Conceptual Cost Manager you will help develop the many products from Jabra’s extensive audio technology portfolio - including everything from sports headphones to enterprise products such as conference speakers.
We work with global sourcing
Through its Jabra brand, GN Audio is a world leader in innovative hands-free audio solutions. As Senior Conceptual Cost Manager you will work in Operations Project Management within Global Operations. With your technical skills, knowledge of economics and commercial flair, you work with Product Management and R&D conceptual teams, building solid business cases from concepts to actual product delivery.
Working in a global team with offices in China and Denmark, you will join a team of dedicated colleagues. We work with strategic sourcing and build solid business cases for any new Product being launched together with R&D and Product Marketing.
Manage costs and help shape the future of audio technology
As Senior Conceptual Cost Manager, it is your responsibility to guard the product cost by challenging R&D on their suggested technologies, specifications or material selections. You will use your experience to work with the responsible Commodity Manager in Global Sourcing and the responsible Partner Manager to ensure the best possible product cost. Doing so, you will ensure Design for Value in our products - from ideation to mass production.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Conduct value-, and cost analysis for our products by mapping value-, and cost opportunities, uncertainty and risk related to our products in terms of design choice and costs assumptions to de-risk NPI projects Pre-BC
- Identify and clearly communicate cost effective designs and manufacturability
- Successfully manage your stakeholders to ensure understanding of the relation between product features and cost, and ensure commitment to achieve best product cost
- Own and develop cost estimation tools for product features, preliminary BOMs, NRE (external) and LOP
- Ensure fact-based and qualified product cost target setting in business cases, as well as, processes for delivering cost partnering to Product Management
- Support and represent sourcing strategies in concepting, enforce standardization and modularization where applicable
Technical understanding combined with economic and commercial skills
You have a technical background combined with 10+ years of international experience within Sourcing/Procurement with a detailed understanding of cost drivers on both component and product assembly level. You have strong commercial abilities, is cost consciousness and have had operational ownership within a mechanical or electronic segment. Maybe you have previously held titles such as product cost manager, technical project cost leader or the like at companies specializing in audio or consumer electronics.
It is imperative that you have:
- Solid experience working with product development and understanding cost of parts, surface structures and tools
- Proven experience within project and cost management from a similar sector
- You have experience with LEAN, Design for Value/cost and should cost modelling
- Fluent capabilities in English, both written and spoken
- Solid experience in presenting, facilitating and driving tear down exercises
- Experienced in doing top down and bottom up cost estimates
As a person, you are solution orientated, possesses strong interpersonal-, and negotiation skills. You are driven, allowing you to challenge the way we do things and you maintain a passion for quality and attention to details. You have a strong customer focus and thrive working in teams, where knowledge is shared, and ideas are freely discussed.
Use the ‘Ansøg’ bottom, no later than 7 March 2019. Applications are assessed on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible.
If you want to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Director of Operations Project & Partner Management, Per Romose on +45 2466 4038.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.